Best used macbook

Associate
Hi

I have an early 2015 13" MacBook Pro but sadly the screen has almost packed up

I got a quote from a Mac repair company of £540 to replace the screen so I am considering buying a newer model but I dont know which one to choose and if they are better or worse

Its my main laptop and I mainly use it for coding and mainly at home not carrying it around

They have suggest the following

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 Touch Bar, 2.2 Ghz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD (fast drive) Retina Display £900
and
MacBook Pro 15" 2017 Touch Bar, 2.9 Ghz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram ,500 GB SSD (fast drive) Retina Display £800

Can anyone tell me if the repair costs are fair and what alternatives I should be looking at

Thanks

Peter (Cheshire)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Associate
I'd also suggest looking at the Air. Within budget (look around for deals) and it's future-fit.

The base model only comes with 8GB or RAM so I'd suggest looking up some reviews to determine whether that's good enough for the type of work you do. Alternatively, 16GB upgrade is probably a good investment for anyone doing more than basic office work.

Associate
Every now and again you can pick up the M1 air base model for £550-700 as a return from the rainforest warehouse if the 16gb is too much.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that. I meant returns but yes that looks nice

What I am unsure about is as its my main laptop now would the 15" be better for coding workspace

Of course I would have to sacrifice the weight difference

Back
Top Bottom