Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I know, how these people live with themselves is beyond me :mad:

Probably is, I once found a Waitrose sticker on an Aldi product which raised an eyebrow. Then found out later that I wasn't the only one.

Don't get me wrong. I know this is how it works. I worked for Morrisons for many years and they produced food stuffs for other supermarkets as they were, back 10 years ago, they biggest manufacturer in the UK. We used to get meat on delivery that was labelled for Sainsburys, ASDA and Tescos. Clearly the line forgot to change the sticker roll as the Farm details where all Morrisons farms, they owned pretty much all of their own farms.

Anyway, it's a god damn good tipple.

Soldato
Cannot fault the Aldi/Lidl whiskys. This is really nice and on par with my favourite, Glen Dronach. I am sure it's just a relabelled bottle sometimes.

I might have to grab a bottle of that to check out as it seems to get decent reviews and is stupidly cheap! I've had a few of the Aldi/Lidl beers in the past and they've been good as well.

Soldato
I purchased all 3 last year, Speyside, Islay, and Highland. The Highland is far the best one of the 3. Could be my taste but I found Speyside quite harsh and the Islay was too peaty. Not saying the rest are not good, they are all great quality but not to my liking. The Aldi versions are pretty much the same. They have to be from Glen Dronach, both Lidl and Aldi.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Massive tin of authentic Danish cookies. These dunked in tea are so good. I need to cotnrol myself as the 350g tin I can finish in one sitting over 3 mugs of tea :eek:

Xre1gii.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can get them yourself in fond memories! These are off Amazon. Be warned they are no longer the £2 or so they used to be at the local shops as a kid!

You can get them in Lidl/Aldi but the recipe isn't quite the same as original Danish brands! I got some over Christmas 2020 and they were fine but.... they lacked authenticity lol.

Curse you ! Not had those in years and I'm suddenly craving them. Stick to car pics please :D

You can't eat a car!

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can get them yourself in fond memories! These are off Amazon. Be warned they are no longer the £2 or so they used to be at the local shops as a kid!

You can get them in Lidl/Aldi but the recipe isn't quite the same as original Danish brands! I got some over Christmas 2020 and they were fine but.... they lacked authenticity lol.

You can't eat a car!
Are Royal Dansk an original Danish brand?

Soldato
So I decided to go try the SFF route again and done a system move bringing my 3090 FE and 5900X into a smaller package in the Lian Li Q58. Now I'm still trying to perfect settings for them since it is a bit toastier but it's not too bad at all with full mesh sides. (Still need to tidy the cables somewhat)

QI98yJv.jpg
5Bi9D9b.jpg Mdn1akP.jpg
BIjCSrJ.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Knowing how much heat even a 3080 generates, how the heck are temp levels system-wide in one of those cases with a 3090 running in games?!

nREBV0X.jpg

I replaced all the padding on the HD650s this week. Direct from Sennheiser, actually very cost effectively priced which is surprising considering Dekoni memory foam pads come to £60+ and I cba with them any more... You forget how supple new foam is on headphone bands and earcups after so many years on the stock ones. Bought the cans in 2015 but the 650s came out in 2003, so quite happy to see Sennheiser still produce every user replaceable part for them. You even get the foam inserts that sits between cup and pad.

Soldato
Knowing how much heat even a 3080 generates, how the heck are temp levels system-wide in one of those cases with a 3090 running in games?!

With my old settings on the 5900x with a quick OC of 4.6Ghz @ 1.3v it was hitting a max of 80c (CPU Package) with a more CPU intensive game like PUBG. The 3090 was topping out around 75c which was a fine, a few degrees up from normal in a larger case. I'll need to have a look at undervolting etc on the CPU to see what I can do with it rather than just the quick manual clock but I'll do that over the next few days. Quick happy with the initial starting point as I definitely expected that 5900 to heat up in such a small form factor. Spending the extra £15 on the additional mesh panels seems like a wise choice because if the top half of each side was glass it would have been a no go no doubt.

Great job on the new foam pads for the headphones, that's fantastic they still support those after so many years.

Back
Top Bottom