Marvel Phase 4

Soldato
Personally I've been massively underwhelmed with the phase 4 stuff since End Game. Outside of Spidey 3 which was ok, the movies have been boring and the tv shows either downright terrible or as per the films just plain dull.

Blackwidow - dog toffee.

Shang-Chi, F and the WS - ok

Wandavision, Loki, What if? and Hawkeye were very good.

Soldato
Blackwidow - dog toffee.

Shang-Chi, F and the WS - ok

Wandavision, Loki, What if? and Hawkeye were very good.

F&WS - 1/10
Loki - 3/10
Wandavision - 3/10
Eternals - 3/10
Shang Chi - 3/10
Blackwidow - 3/10
What If - 5/10
Hawkeye - 5.5/10
Spidey 3 - 6.5-7/10
matter of opinion isnt it though :D

Soldato
F&WS - 1/10
Loki - 3/10
Wandavision - 3/10
Eternals - 3/10
Shang Chi - 3/10
Blackwidow - 3/10
What If - 5/10
Hawkeye - 5.5/10
Spidey 3 - 6.5-7/10
matter of opinion isnt it though :D

I thought Hawkeye was around WV level. Forced joke scenes and untrained annoying girl getting in the action without dying. There were also comedic bad guys.

Soldato
I thought Hawkeye was around WV level. Forced joke scenes and untrained annoying girl getting in the action without dying. There were also comedic bad guys.
Hawkeye being depressed and haunted by his past while chasing cartoon network level villains and bookended by a dumb joke every time it was brought up really wasn't it. Kingpin being embarrassed by a college student with a wooden bow was the cherry on top of the **** cake.

Soldato
Hawkeye being depressed and haunted by his past while chasing cartoon network level villains and bookended by a dumb joke every time it was brought up really wasn't it. Kingpin being embarrassed by a college student with a wooden bow was the cherry on top of the **** cake.

What really winds me up is these shows could have been so very good. The characters have so many great stories in the comics to pull from. Instead we got all this Disneyified rubbish, all done to the same template by people with no respect for the source material.

Soldato
Untrained? What show did you watch?

I suppose if you missed/skipped the first animated titles in the first episode you'd have missed her training montage type thing. It was one of the better "anti-Mary Sue" things Marvel had done I thought, showing the montage to get ahead of the "didn't show her training" comments.

Soldato
Most likely had his head buried in a phone and missed all the references to her being an award winning martial artist and world class archer. Either that, or he's of the generation that comes with a 30s attention span.

Associate
Kingpin being embarrassed by a college student with a wooden bow was the cherry on top of the **** cake.

I'm not praising Hawkeye in any way (especially since Renner apparently went to the Legolas School For Pretending To Do Archery) but there is nothing wrong with wooden bows at all. A 40lb recurve could take down something deer/wolf/mountain lion size and a 50lb recurve could take down a brown bear - and 40-50lb is a standard draw weight for female olympic archers. And she wouldn't even have to look strong - I shoot a 35lb horsebow and my arms have the definition of sickly broomhandles :D

Soldato
I'm not praising Hawkeye in any way (especially since Renner apparently went to the Legolas School For Pretending To Do Archery) but there is nothing wrong with wooden bows at all. A 40lb recurve could take down something deer/wolf/mountain lion size and a 50lb recurve could take down a brown bear - and 40-50lb is a standard draw weight for female olympic archers. And she wouldn't even have to look strong - I shoot a 35lb horsebow and my arms have the definition of sickly broomhandles :D
My main problem was her tanking a punch that could topple a 747 but I'll take your point and never slander wooden bows again :D

Soldato
Well well well....

Did we hear
Paddy Stewart/Professor X
in there? And could that potentially mean
The Illuminati
make an appearance? It might explain the flying figure seeing as
Reed Richards is a member of the Illuminati, the flying figure being Human Torch

Back
Top Bottom