When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Well officially in the EV stable now, picked up my Kia e-Niro on Thursday nice car, will do what I need and comfy.

I was getting an Ioniq 5 but they kept messing me about with delivery so decided to get something else in the interim.

Soldato
Plenty of people keep older cars.

They do but short of well kept classics (which will be worth £lol), these will be utter sheds and cost £lol to run. Can’t say I see many 20 year old cars on the roads these days, likewise back then 20 year old cars are relative dinosaurs compared to what’s on the market now. Keeping them on the road is going to be challenging as cars get ever more integrated.

I can’t imagine there will be filling stations every few miles either, they’ll be so few ICE cars around that they will just not be viable.

Caporegime
Cheaper fuel per mile, less emissions( Once built) and less noise pollution.

But none of them counteract the sheer immersive enjoyment of driving my Mustang.
No other car I have ever owned puts such a grin on my face even as I just walk up to it, let alone the noise once it starts, the noise is everything, I could never own a car that makes no proper noise.

Refinement is the easy one… which means you are not being objective enough with your assessments.

To be fair, as you can probably tell, as I drive a 5.0 lt Mustang as a daily driver, refinement is very low on my list of priorities when getting a car ;)

Caporegime
That’s a pretty short sighted view though. Nothing is (currently) stopping you from dailying an EV, enjoying the benefits that they offer, and keeping something more exotic as a hobby and fair weather form of transport and enjoyment.

I’m still going to own ICE vehicles for the time being, only the ICE usage will end up being for fun only, not for commuting.

Associate
My dad keeps saying that electric cars are not viable in the long run because he apparently read that there’s only enough lithium/cobalt in the earth to make enough batteries to replace at most 20% of the ICE cars currently on the road. I assume he’s mistaken/been reading rubbish?

Back
Top Bottom