Far Cry 6

Associate
Bought this cause of the £10 off offer through Epic and am about 18 hours in and was enjoying it but I've been hit with constant crashing now when switching weapons.

Same here, I've only got about 7 hours on it. Every time I load up and switch weapon it crashes. Basically unplayable!

Ree

Ree

Associate
Same here, I've only got about 7 hours on it. Every time I load up and switch weapon it crashes. Basically unplayable!

When you get into the game fast travel to anywhere and the game should work. Anytime it does it just fast travel and it seems to sort it for me no idea why.

Caporegime
Is this worth installing? I'm sure it came free with my 5800X but never got around to installing it
It certainly is, fun game. If you love Far Cry, you should like this. It runs beautifully too at max settings 4K (with Ray Tracing and HD Textures), averaging 90+ FPS on a 6900 XT.
The graphics are the best in the series so far, but for me I preferred the storyline and characters of Far Cry 5. It really is a tough ask to top the performance of the Seeds from Far Cry 5 tbh.

Soldato
It certainly is, fun game. If you love Far Cry, you should like this. It runs beautifully too at max settings 4K (with Ray Tracing and HD Textures), averaging 90+ FPS on a 6900 XT.
The graphics are the best in the series so far, but for me I preferred the storyline and characters of Far Cry 5. It really is a tough ask to top the performance of the Seeds from Far Cry 5 tbh.

Thanks. Is there any multiplayer or SP only?

Soldato
Thanks. Where do I download this game / play it? I'm sure I activated it when my 5800X was installed but the game wasnt yet released.

I've begrudgingly installed the Epic games launcher to see if its in my games library and its no. It is in the store for £32.49.

Is there another Ubi soft launcher or something I need to install? I hate all the installers and usually only use Steam

Soldato
Thanks. Where do I download this game / play it? I'm sure I activated it when my 5800X was installed but the game wasnt yet released.

I've begrudgingly installed the Epic games launcher to see if its in my games library and its no. It is in the store for £32.49.

Is there another Ubi soft launcher or something I need to install? I hate all the installers and usually only use Steam

UPlay

Ubisoft Connect
https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/

Soldato

Ta. I did find the AMD rewards page - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/...iming-your-copy-of-far-cry-6-for-pc/000074712

That lead me to this https://www.amdrewards.com/my-rewards
On there is shows to activate in Ubisoft connect

What a faff! Why not provide a simple code to redeem in Steam / X launcher? How do I claim my free Tshirt and hat? I want to wear both to really look the part :D Extra points for me when I wear both to the gym.

UBisoft seems terrible

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

Cant even submit a support case.

Ubisoft Support - Changes to support in relation to COVID-19
In the light of the current situation, we are temporarily restricting our support to live chat only.

Chat is unavailable

Last edited:
Caporegime

Did you actually redeem the code and activate it? They are only available for so long.

Been answered above now, but yeah Ubisoft Connect. It's another app like Origin, Steam, Battle.net etc. It's okay to use IMO.

Soldato
Did you actually redeem the code and activate it? They are only available for so long.

Been answered above now, but yeah Ubisoft Connect. It's another app like Origin, Steam, Battle.net etc. It's okay to use IMO.
Yep, I redeemed the code and activated it in about November / early December when I got the 5800X. At the time the game wasnt out.
You're right Ubisoft connect feels quite clean. Better than the Epic launcher which I've already removed.

Anything I should add to the Farcry 6 install before giving it a go? texture packs / mods / patches etc. Im on a 3080 FE, latest driver and 5800X

Caporegime
Yep, I redeemed the code and activated it in about November / early December when I got the 5800X. At the time the game wasnt out.
You're right Ubisoft connect feels quite clean. Better than the Epic launcher which I've already removed.

Anything I should add to the Farcry 6 install before giving it a go? texture packs / mods / patches etc. Im on a 3080 FE, latest driver and 5800X
Oh boy, that's a loaded question. :cry:

Download the HD Texture pack and see how it goes. I know a few users with 3080s that get FPS drops to single digits when using it as it requires a GPU with at least 12GB to run without issue.

Game looks and plays fine without it, just improves the texture quality a bit from stock. No other patches, game is stable and very polished now.

I recommend you play on the hardest difficulty too, as the game is quite easy.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Download the HD Texture pack and see how it goes. I know a few users with 3080s that get FPS drops to single digits when using it as it requires a GPU with at least 12GB to run without issue.

300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

ne0

ne0

Associate
new patch today - enemy tagging finally fixed.
new nvidia driver contains fix for the geometric corruption issue too.

it's Far Cry 6 day today.

Back
Top Bottom