Joe Rogan and Spotify

Soldato
Pretty much this. I don't even think what he said was racist if you look at the definition of racism, it was a bit stupid but he's apologised and he didn't hurt anyone, incite any violence etc
He compared a country run by black people to a planet ruled by apes. Thats pretty racist.

If you still cant see it. He compared black people to apes.

Soldato
He said something stupid and has apologised, he's had some questionable guests on and has promised to provide more balance in the future, he said the dreaded n word in a none abusive way (mostly when that was allowed) and has since apologised.

Should he have said the apes thing? No, it sounds bloody awful in any context but he has quite a few thousand hours of recorded speech, a lot of it while getting high/drunk with other comedians, he's almost certainly been party to some pretty dicey conversations, but to be honest, that's why a lot of people listen, I'd rather the odd bit of offense was taken that everything to be guarded and sanitised.

Should he be more critical of dodgy guests? Maybe, certainly he'd be wise to bring more balance to conversations when it's such a politically charged topic.

Should he say the n word in 2022? No, it's been deemed not allowed by at least the more vocal portion of society so saying it will get you in trouble.

Overall I'd say that he's made a few mistakes over his long and very successful career, he probably needs to work a bit on his guests and be a bit more careful of the easily influenced idiots, but really, what do people actually want? What's the end goal or those calling him out?

If he gets cancelled from Spotify he'll take a small portion of his 100 million and either move to, or make a streaming service less beholden to the whims of the Twitter mob and it's shareholders. He might even be big enough to make a success of it.

Soldato
I think what he said is racist, especially the "mind of a white man", but I don't think he is a racist.

He's a comedian, although in my opinion not a great one, and was trying to be funny.

Permabanned
He said something stupid and has apologised, he's had some questionable guests on and has promised to provide more balance in the future, he said the dreaded n word in a none abusive way (mostly when that was allowed) and has since apologised.

Should he have said the apes thing? No, it sounds bloody awful in any context but he has quite a few thousand hours of recorded speech, a lot of it while getting high/drunk with other comedians, he's almost certainly been party to some pretty dicey conversations, but to be honest, that's why a lot of people listen, I'd rather the odd bit of offense was taken that everything to be guarded and sanitised.

Should he be more critical of dodgy guests? Maybe, certainly he'd be wise to bring more balance to conversations when it's such a politically charged topic.

Should he say the n word in 2022? No, it's been deemed not allowed by at least the more vocal portion of society so saying it will get you in trouble.

Overall I'd say that he's made a few mistakes over his long and very successful career, he probably needs to work a bit on his guests and be a bit more careful of the easily influenced idiots, but really, what do people actually want? What's the end goal or those calling him out?

If he gets cancelled from Spotify he'll take a small portion of his 100 million and either move to, or make a streaming service less beholden to the whims of the Twitter mob and it's shareholders. He might even be big enough to make a success of it.
Couldn’t have said it better. Move on people get on with your lives.

Caporegime

V F

V F

Soldato
I really really despise that term, influencer. You're seeing it more and more through twitch, youtube, linkedin. The people that would sell their soul for no matter what.

Soldato
like for Rogan misinformation, and the job con, common factor is a naivety on the internet in putting trust in information/people/influencers
surveys confirm many children trust it implicitly, and this probably carries over into adolescent/young adult behaviour;
education of children that currently instills them with fear of (physically) predatory adults probably needs to be extended further into digital domain, for more utilitarian topics.

Soldato
like for Rogan misinformation, and the job con, common factor is a naivety on the internet in putting trust in information/people/influencers
surveys confirm many children trust it implicitly, and this probably carries over into adolescent/young adult behaviour;
education of children that currently instills them with fear of (physically) predatory adults probably needs to be extended further into digital domain, for more utilitarian topics.

Can you post in full English using sentences?

Back
Top Bottom