*** Elden Ring ***

I guess that fits with the people I know then, surprising that 2 out of 3 gamers are still on 1080, figured most would have moved to 1440 at least by now. Looks like we are still a few years away from the higher resolutions becoming common
i'd say it's a similar issues that phones now have. When a monitor hit 1080p, it satisfied almost every users needs. People just don't need a 4k UW monitor for most uses, which is emails/browser.

phones are the same, screens have hit a point now that they can't really get better, so it's no longer a selling point. people don't care if the screen is whatever fancy name apple come up with.

i can't see monitors changing much even over the next 5 years, though perhaps with that said, your stats are from stream, so gamers, which is slightly shocking.

Soldato
Prefer lounge playing these days so will see which I play it on. On PC I play until 4am, but lounge I find at least I'll get tired and go to bed at a much more reasonable time

I miss my old 4am sessions :( would have definitely preferred this on the PC as that to me is 'home' however I didn't buy the Xbox Series X for no reason so I'll get this on there. Just need to order it.

Soldato
OP
Prefer lounge playing these days so will see which I play it on. On PC I play until 4am, but lounge I find at least I'll get tired and go to bed at a much more reasonable time

This, I love playing at my PC as I can do much longer sessions, on the sofa, I can game maybe 2 to 4 hours before I fancy just watching a film. That being said, I did boot up Bioshock on the PS5 last night for a sofa session and it was glorious!

QaS6bgq.png

Soldato
OP
i bet it'd look better in UW :p

You prat lol :D I'll back our little corner and state yes, when a game support it properly, it legit looks bloody amazing. But, it's just not that often it's properly supported hence my move to the new LG C2 42" when it eventually comes out. Tired of being an afterthought by devs :(

Soldato
Really depends on if the game supports forced aspect ratios or not. DS3 had black bars.
Ah, okay thanks. I'm eyeing up this new QD OLED from Alienware so hopefully the black bars wouldn't be as intrusive as on older tech. Still disappointing that a major release from a highly thought of studio doesn't support UW from the get go.

Soldato
OP
Ah, okay thanks. I'm eyeing up this new QD OLED from Alienware so hopefully the black bars wouldn't be as intrusive as on older tech. Still disappointing that a major release from a highly thought of studio doesn't support UW from the get go.

Black bars on OLED isn't at all a problem as it shuts those parts of the screen down. It's amazing! I love OLED tech

Back
Top Bottom