iRacing

Soldato
Did my first sprint yesterday, really enjoyed it. I was far too cautious expecting strategy to play a far bigger part but everyone just seems to go for it the entire race

Got some good advice from Tony so hopefully the next one will be a lot better
It is called a sprint race.... :p
Yeah there's no strategy in VRS sprint races. Just go as long as possible and take a splash a fuel at the end. Maybe pit slightly earlier if your stuck in traffic.
There's a bit involved in IMSA though with the different class traffic, pitting at the right time to avoid traffic in that can save you a few seconds.

Man of Honour
It is called a sprint race.... :p

giphy.gif

Soldato
Currently Reinstalling this, I've been out of the scene for about 18 months. I completely burnt myself out on sim racing, I was racing for the Army and it just ended up being too much like work, all my spare time got sucked up practicing/training and racing at weekends. I then had to sell the Rig as well due to moving, didnt have room for a big sim rig anymore, it was heart braking letting that go.
Well I finally decided to dip my toe back in again. Bought a new TM T-GT2, TM loadcell pedal set will be following up soon. I couldnt justify DD this time and I needed to be desk mountable and removable when not using. It feels so great to be back behind a wheel.
Looking forward to getting back into iRacing again though.

Caporegime
I love racing but I hate it....people in the MX5s simply cannot drive and have no etiquette. The amount of races I've done and people just turn into you or just plow straight into you.

Is the mx5 advance any different? Or do I just need to buy and get into GT3?

Soldato
I've done a couple of advanced and it is slightly better; longer races and the requirement of a C license gets rid of some of the mess, but it's still tight racing that can go wrong. And today it's at Red Bull Ring and then tomorrow is the final week at Hungaroring (which I also hate)

Soldato
I agree, from B class things to tend to improve a lot. Saying that though, series like the Skippy(at D) is usually well behaved.
It's not always true but generally is, the higher split/IR of race the cleaner it tends to be. There's still people doing stupid stuff but the majority of drivers have much better control of their car so simply make less mistakes that will take you with them.
It's relatively easy to see this in action. At a lower IR in VRS even at the back of the field, just by making it to the end, will net you a few positions, usually enough to be mid grid finish. At the top end though, you will only probably gain a handfull of positions from people crashing out.

Caporegime
True....

Well, went to do the sim lab today (at Limerock i think?) In the Mazda, started off well qualified mid pack, rolling start and got a few from the green, first corner and someone spins out on the outside does a massive loop in reverse and takes out half the track, including me, car totaled - lovely.

Went off and did a race on Orlan(?) Instead in the MX-5, qualify 4/5 I think, first corner again (always carnage) and someone gets taken out and whacks into me a bit, the whole grid is stopped, I sweep in on the under side take 1st and end up battling it out for the remainder of the race, managed to keep 1st :D - Had a nice compliment from the fella behind which was nice.

It's just such a shame people are so naff on the first lap it ruins it for so many.

Soldato
I love racing but I hate it....people in the MX5s simply cannot drive and have no etiquette. The amount of races I've done and people just turn into you or just plow straight into you.

Is the mx5 advance any different? Or do I just need to buy and get into GT3?

Try PCC, I find it a lot better in PCC. Some really good guys drive it, good community to. Just stay away from Lime Rock this week, it's a free track, all the idiots are racing lol.

Associate
I've had an absolute nightmare these last 2 weeks. SR has went from C4.2 down to C3.04. I've tried everything to reclaim it but 3 clean races progress can be wiped out by coming up against absolute bellends. An example. I dropped to the back at the start in the Vee at Okyama. A dude in 5th spins at T2. He rage quits 1 minute later. However, he rejoins the session "a few laps down by now", leaves the pits then proceeds to swerve and slow down to attempt to stop me passing him. I hold back until he stops and as I go to pass he wipes me out. In my attempt to get back going he hits me again. I'm obviously hit with an 8x. Tried the mixed races series (Mustangs, MX5s, Solstice) and had a dude use me 3 times as a brake. A nice 12x in the space of a lap.

There is then the totally innocent getting caught up in other peoples accidents and spinners. There are then the people that can't rejoin the track safely. I've done the 4 MPR races to get up to B class at the end of the season. I'm just aiming for the B class GT races in the hope things improve.

Caporegime
I've had an absolute nightmare these last 2 weeks. SR has went from C4.2 down to C3.04. I've tried everything to reclaim it but 3 clean races progress can be wiped out by coming up against absolute bellends. An example. I dropped to the back at the start in the Vee at Okyama. A dude in 5th spins at T2. He rage quits 1 minute later. However, he rejoins the session "a few laps down by now", leaves the pits then proceeds to swerve and slow down to attempt to stop me passing him. I hold back until he stops and as I go to pass he wipes me out. In my attempt to get back going he hits me again. I'm obviously hit with an 8x. Tried the mixed races series (Mustangs, MX5s, Solstice) and had a dude use me 3 times as a brake. A nice 12x in the space of a lap.

There is then the totally innocent getting caught up in other peoples accidents and spinners. There are then the people that can't rejoin the track safely. I've done the 4 MPR races to get up to B class at the end of the season. I'm just aiming for the B class GT races in the hope things improve.

I find the incident counts completely random sometimes.

Soldato
I'm just aiming for the B class GT races in the hope things improve.
It didnt for me. I remember driving clean and fair and just getting bullied by other drivers who didnt very much care if they had bumps and incidents etc Sometimes you get great fair races others you race against ********...

I'm getting to grips with it all again before I go jumping into races, dont want to be spoiling others fun or embarrassing myself. Need to get that consistency back, been out of it for a while, finding that I'm suffering from major skill fade!:eek:

Soldato
First actual online race in about 18 months... Only a rookie mazda cup race but wanted to keep it simple till I'm up to speed again. Felt amazing, few decent battles (Won 2, lost 1) finished 5th in one of the higher split races (Still hold a higher irating from previous) even though I was a clear 1sec slower in clear air. Racing was surprising very clean and fair, felt great to race against drivers with respect for each other.

Associate
When I raced about t years ago I got to a point I hardly did Official races and raced mostly in private leagues. They were more tightly managed and the people racing seemed to care a bit more about the silly mistakes as you would be racing again the following week.

something worth exploring as the iRacing community is superb & I met some great people through the league racing.

Back
Top Bottom