WBAC Values

Soldato
How do WBAC prices compare to P/X?

Just took our fiesta along. 2011/12, only 65000 miles.

Online quote was 3250, obviously not expecting anywhere near this.

Went over, turns out we only have one key. Service history is very limited. Last service was before we bought it.. not great I know!

It has marks in various places, most wheels are curbed.

They gave me a final quote of £2,800. Honestly much more than I expected but can't just let them have it as we haven't arranged it's replacement. Apparently the online quote lasts 4 days but their final quote may vary as they will re-evaluate it if and when we go back.

So may pop to a dealer tomorrow and see what they offer.

She's after a Captur. If Renault offer close, it's easier to just PX and drive away the replacement

Caporegime
How do WBAC prices compare to P/X?

Just took our fiesta along. 2011/12, only 65000 miles.

Online quote was 3250, obviously not expecting anywhere near this.

Went over, turns out we only have one key. Service history is very limited. Last service was before we bought it.. not great I know!

It has marks in various places, most wheels are curbed.

They gave me a final quote of £2,800. Honestly much more than I expected but can't just let them have it as we haven't arranged it's replacement. Apparently the online quote lasts 4 days but their final quote may vary as they will re-evaluate it if and when we go back.

So may pop to a dealer tomorrow and see what they offer.

She's after a Captur. If Renault offer close, it's easier to just PX and drive away the replacement
Surely service it, maybe £200 max, more likely £150, private sale, FB marketplace, £3,500, accept £3,300? Wear and tear is expected on a car that old but mileage is low for that age. What's the MOT history like? If it's due any time in the next three months put it through again and see if it passes or only requires minor work. A just been serviced and MOT'd car will walk off FB marketplace within a couple of days. You could probably stretch to £4k and take a few hundred off. £1k more than trade in, which will be a straight to auction car anyway at a main dealer isn't to be sniffed at.

Also worth checking motorway and some dealers like Evans Halshaw who buy cars.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, all good points.

Pretty sure the last MOT mentioned tyres would need doing soon, so would have to factor that all in. Not much in it once it's all been accounted for I don't think. But it's an option

Will check out those services mentioned for a comparison quote too

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply, all good points.

Pretty sure the last MOT mentioned tyres would need doing soon, so would have to factor that all in. Not much in it once it's all been accounted for I don't think. But it's an option

Will check out those services mentioned for a comparison quote too

Tyres on a Fiesta are going to be dirt cheap, £50 each. All extra plus points meaning you can add to the price. Although I get the ease of Trade in too!

Soldato
WBAC are claiming prices are going down:

F09576-DD-3-DF0-475-D-BFB2-28108057-DB17.jpg

Man of Honour
That's just standard though, historically used car prices typically get refreshed monthly (although this is getting a bit more agile due to technology disruptors) so leaving aside the bubble scenario we've had over the past year, normally you'd get slightly less for a car if you traded it in after a month boundary. It's not like this month-end is any different from any other non-plate change month, it's just marketing nothing more than that.

Caporegime
Yep. 2015 Mitsubishi Shogun was £18.5 a few months ago and now £17k. Just sold it yesterday for £22k private. Just in time.

Still ridiculous for a 7 year old car which we bought new for £25k and did 32k miles in it. Even £17k is still way too much.

In normal times it would only be worth around £13-£14k.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd say it's because prices rocketed between whenever that car was first advertised and November. So the fact prices are falling is just counterbalancing the rises seen prior. e.g. car was originally worth £10k, value increased to £11k, value has since dropped to say £9.5k, not materially different than what it was put up for in the first place.

If he was describing a car that had been on sale since November then I would agree it seems odd and should have bene reduced, but since August (or before), not so much.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So sold my mothers car to Cazoo yesterday who were absolutely spot on. She paid around £6400 for her Toyota Aygo just shy of three years ago with 25k miles and sold it to Cazoo yesterday with 34k miles for £7125 minus £99 collection fee.

They arrived on time, rang 30 minutes before arriving, did a visual check, moved the car up and down on driveway and checked documentation, agreed there was no issues and did an instant transfer for £7026, was a very easy and simple process, money was in her account within 30 seconds.

I suspect they will list the car around £7000-7500 and hope the buyer also takes on finance and maybe a service pack as WBAC were at £6500 and Motorway was at £6814, so great price from Cazoo and super easy to deal with and not a penny knocked of the car.

Man of Honour
Hi there

So sold my mothers car to Cazoo yesterday who were absolutely spot on. She paid around £6400 for her Toyota Aygo just shy of three years ago with 25k miles and sold it to Cazoo yesterday with 34k miles for £7125 minus £99 collection fee.

They arrived on time, rang 30 minutes before arriving, did a visual check, moved the car up and down on driveway and checked documentation, agreed there was no issues and did an instant transfer for £7026, was a very easy and simple process, money was in her account within 30 seconds.

I suspect they will list the car around £7000-7500 and hope the buyer also takes on finance and maybe a service pack as WBAC were at £6500 and Motorway was at £6814, so great price from Cazoo and super easy to deal with and not a penny knocked of the car.
We bought our Tiguan from Cazoo and they were superb throughout.

Back
Top Bottom