NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
Think it was JaysTwoCents that said he got worse temps having fans in the bottom..

I'm planning on running a 5800x and 3080FE in mine so I cant see it being cool in anything iTX but that's the direction I'm wanting to go in, so torn between the MAX and having the CPU under an AIO, or looking at a better air cooler setup..
My 3090 FE ran pretty cool in my NR200P. I had two 120x15 fans in the bottom to help with airflow. It probably helps the FE cooler design more than a standard AIB cooler design.

Soldato
I worked out the case, plus the PSU, plus the AIO already come to more than they seem to be charging for the MAX give or take, add to that the riser and you're over the sum of the parts..
Just feels a bit bad spending £330 on a case given I just sold my Mk1 TT for £500 and its getting close to Christmas..

That said I could wrap the box and buy it for myself for Christmas..

Soldato
What the hell, that's the case I was planning to use when I make a system in a couple years. I'm sure there will be better ones by the time I upgrade.

I suspect that this was a trial run, in grey, I'm hoping that they'll drop different colours with an increased price shortly..
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and grab one from the rain forest rather than the copier place..
That said, the copier place is the only place I've seen it marked EOL..

Soldato
Rain forest are also out of stock now with no restock date, just the normal place your order and we'll email you when they are back in stock...

Well that's that choice made for me then, what else am I meant to buy myself for Christmas lol

Associate
Been keeping my eye on a NR200 for a while as I love the look of that case. Currently have a NZXT H210.
What would my tolerances be with a NHU-12S for a cooler (using vented panel) but also running a full size ATX PSU in the front (EVGA 750GQ) with a FE 3080 as that's what I'm currently running in my H210 but fancy a change of case.

Anyone here running a similar set up? I would also transfer all 4 of my chromax 120mm fans over too or has many as i could ideally!

Associate
I wanted to share my two NR200 cases. Sadly a motherboard I had died so I have given my son the Akira build motherboard and that build has been taken apart and stored for future use.

nyJXC5U.jpg

The second one is my son’s current PC. He is a big Vagabond manga fan so I painted the case using 2 images from the manga. Usual approach of cutting vinyl, spray painting, removing vinyl, using a fine craft paintbrush and acrylic paint to add detail, and then adding a protective coating.

The guy on the side panel killed the guy on the front panel. Based on a real Japanese story.
dVEJR1C.jpg
miMQasP.jpg

Associate
any of you decided to do the inverted mod?
i wanted to have my aio on top and gpu vertically :D

this is my second pc with 5.2ghz 8700k ... tested first with 1070 and then with 3080 :D it fits quite well.
e8wzri2.jpg cLVOqcD.jpg
lyzUpKJ.jpg q6xQgjl.jpg

Msi 2070 super barelly fits as its a bit longer than my 3080...
you have to mount it through the bottom of the case :)
T5SkG4Y.jpg
wm86f7T.jpg

Associate
This might be a long shot, but i currently have an NR200 with a gigabyte Aorus X570 I pro wifi with 2 x M.2 slots, sapphire 6800XT, 280mm artic freezer, sf750 psu,
I’m after upgrading the Ethernet to 2.5G or 5G, but there’s no spare pci slot or room for one! So its either a usb jobby or upgrade the motherboard! Ive seen there’s a few boards with 2.5gbit lan, but wandered if anyone in here has one and a similar setup as i know some boards don’t like the artic freezer bloc

Associate
This might be a long shot, but i currently have an NR200 with a gigabyte Aorus X570 I pro wifi with 2 x M.2 slots, sapphire 6800XT, 280mm artic freezer, sf750 psu,
I’m after upgrading the Ethernet to 2.5G or 5G, but there’s no spare pci slot or room for one! So its either a usb jobby or upgrade the motherboard! Ive seen there’s a few boards with 2.5gbit lan, but wandered if anyone in here has one and a similar setup as i know some boards don’t like the artic freezer bloc

I have the asus B550 itx which has a 2.5gb ethernet and 5ghz wifi and I had a artic freezer 280mm and it fit fine. The only thing is I think there has been issues with the ethernet controller on some of these boards when running at 2.5gb speeds. I have only 1gb so I can not report on this.

Also on a side not a got better gpu thermals when using the artic freezer 280mm by replacing the mess dust filters on the side panels to 280ml ones that just covered the radiator the one side and the psu the other. That way the gpu could expel its hot are out the sides easier.

Associate
I have the asus B550 itx which has a 2.5gb ethernet and 5ghz wifi and I had a artic freezer 280mm and it fit fine. The only thing is I think there has been issues with the ethernet controller on some of these boards when running at 2.5gb speeds. I have only 1gb so I can not report on this.

Also on a side not a got better gpu thermals when using the artic freezer 280mm by replacing the mess dust filters on the side panels to 280ml ones that just covered the radiator the one side and the psu the other. That way the gpu could expel its hot are out the sides easier.

Thanks for the reply, Oh that’s good to know re the mesh panels, my thermals are not on bad, where did you get replacement dust filters from ? Might be worth doing anyway

It seems there are a few problems running speeds above 1gb on ethernet ports, my home cinema switch is a 8 port 1gb and 2 port 10gb and apparently runs really hot when running at 10g(although seems ok to me),
i also have 1gb internet, but wanted to add another 10gb switch at my pc, so i had faster speeds between both switch’s for moving large media files from my pc to my home cinema, might try a 2.5gb dongle on the pc then and see how it goes, as changing a motherboard will be slightly more extreme just for a faster (supposedly) ethernet connection

Associate
Thanks for the reply, Oh that’s good to know re the mesh panels, my thermals are not on bad, where did you get replacement dust filters from ? Might be worth doing anyway

It seems there are a few problems running speeds above 1gb on ethernet ports, my home cinema switch is a 8 port 1gb and 2 port 10gb and apparently runs really hot when running at 10g(although seems ok to me),
i also have 1gb internet, but wanted to add another 10gb switch at my pc, so i had faster speeds between both switch’s for moving large media files from my pc to my home cinema, might try a 2.5gb dongle on the pc then and see how it goes, as changing a motherboard will be slightly more extreme just for a faster (supposedly) ethernet connection

Sorry for the late reply not sure if overclockers do the 280mm dust filters but they might. Just simple magnetic ones I used from a certain marketplace.

Soldato
anyone know where i can get Mesh front panel or some design where the CM logo is transparent or cut out for some RGB effect to the front panel?

Soldato
Looks like this is coming back, estimated delivery 31st March...
Still grey, still £329.99

I ended up buying the SSUPD Meshy, a refurbished PSU and a Kraken 63 in place of this, but I've since collected a 3600x, B550 board and 16Gb RAM so there's always the chance of dropping another iTX build in next month...

Soldato
any of you decided to do the inverted mod?
i wanted to have my aio on top and gpu vertically :D

this is my second pc with 5.2ghz 8700k ... tested first with 1070 and then with 3080 :D it fits quite well.
e8wzri2.jpg cLVOqcD.jpg
lyzUpKJ.jpg q6xQgjl.jpg

Msi 2070 super barelly fits as its a bit longer than my 3080...
you have to mount it through the bottom of the case :)
T5SkG4Y.jpg
wm86f7T.jpg
How did you fit AIO at the roof?

Back
Top Bottom