what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
How you liking them? I was watching and reading reviews of them last night then decided to order a pair. Coming from the AKG K702.

Not sure yet until I try them to use the AKG K702 for the PS4 with optical/usb dac/amp, as it has a remote for volume control. Or use the Sennhesier HD660s for the PC. I'll also need to get a better dac/amp for the PC at some point. It has no problem driving the AKG K702 just now but want to get something better. Maybe something from Schiit... Bifrost? Or tube amps? No idea yet.
They are good and scale well with good amplification too. I mostly use them for games and stuff but occasionally too lazy to grab my other headphones for music and keep these on.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm using them now. They're very close to the AKG K702. Not as spacious sound, a smidge more bass not much in it but the AKG K702 feels very airy compared to these. I love the weight of the HD660S. Feels like nothing sitting on top of the head. Using them with a Loxjie D30 with the ES9068AS DAC. Really loving the HD660S so far. They're so light.

Associate
Someone :rolleyes: washed my anker bluetooth headphones so just replaced them with Creative Outlier Air V3, really good sound and noise isolation. They fit really well and can happily recommend them

Caporegime
Just bought Sony wh xm4
Hope they aren't a dissapointment

Reasons.
Want to be able to take meetings away from deak
My beloved denon d2000s have cut out in one ear (want to fix at some point)
Iems now irritate my ears.

I'm aware these headphones do not play nice with windows PCs. Something about Bluetooth being ridiculous on windows PCs where you can't take a call and have high fidelity sound.

Soldato
Someone :rolleyes: washed my anker bluetooth headphones so just replaced them with Creative Outlier Air V3, really good sound and noise isolation. They fit really well and can happily recommend them

Just ordered the same Air V3 as my first foray into true wireless, should arrive tomorrow. Was very tempted by the some Sony XM3 headphones, but decided to save some cash and give these a whirl!

IMG-20220422-125414.jpg

IMG-20220422-120933.jpg

IMG-20220422-131834-1.jpg

Just added the Moondrop Aria's to my collection, amazing IEM's for the money.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently running:

Fiio FH7 hooked to ES100 2.5mm as daily drivers. And when I’m parked at my home desk the trusty Sundara.

Waiting for my Fiio UTWS5 preorder to come in to possibly replace the ES100.

Soldato
Recently visited Bicester Village, and pick-up a brand-new B&O Beoplay H95 for just £469!

Hands-down the best headphone I now own, and my Sennheiser Momentum 3 which is already quite good doesn't even come close!

Soldato
Contact WardmodCables on Instagram/Facebook. He will make you a custom high quality cable to whatever spec you want. Mine cost like £30 for the HD650.

I chose purple strands for my shorter cable.

av_SennHD650_WardModCables_4.jpg

I tried contacting them through different ways and means but never got back to me. Ah well. I'll just buy elsewhere.

On another note, Has anyone used a modius DAC?

Soldato
I picked up a bunch of 2nd hand bluetooth headphones.

Plantronics Backbeats Pro 2 £30
Bose QC45 £140
Jabra Elite 85h £49

So far I like the features on the Jabra but they are ugly even in cream colour but they're comfy and sound alright, the comfort on the Bose is the best but the sound cannot be made exciting at all with the limited EQ in the app, and the overall detailed sound and sub-bass on the backbeats pro 2 is the best but they're smaller and less comfy but also were the biggest bargain.

My 2nd hand journey continues to search for the perfect pair. XM4s as soon as the 2nd hand price for 1 reasonable pair on auctions dips under £100 I'm in.

I think the Jabra would be my headphone for going on the train and going into the city because they're good and I can afford £49 if I get robbed.
The Bose really would only be used for podcasts when I'm concentrating at work because it'll be upto 12 hours and they're comfy.
The backbeats pro 2 I would use at my desk for listening to music for sure as they sound amazing.

I just want an all rounder.

Back
Top Bottom