Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
How did this all come to be? I have never followed this up to the stage it is now. From her destroying his name for Pirates of the Carribean leading to Disney dropping him?

I still don't know much about her.

I think it's been a bit of a tit for tat. I know the sun or the mirror had branded him as a wife beater and he lost a libel case for it. I suspect Amber had given them a statement claiming the abuse.

Soldato
How did this all come to be? I have never followed this up to the stage it is now. From her destroying his name for Pirates of the Carribean leading to Disney dropping him?

It's all about an op-ed that was published in the Washington Post in 2018 that basically implied JD is an abuser, JD is suing for defamation because it's resulted in him losing film roles or at least that's the basics I understand of it

It's an odd case because similar was done in UK when he sued the Sun for calling him a wife beater, yet the UK courts found "substantial evidence" he was a wife beater, yet this US case so far has just painted Amber as a liar

For instance after their divorce she promised to donate half the money ($3.5million) to the ACLU but she hasn't

Man of Honour

I'm not an expert but I think it went something like this. Happy for someone more knowledgeable to correct me.

They always had a stormy relationship and eventually divorced.

At the height of the MeToo movement Heard made a comment in a magazine article that she had been the victim of domestic abuse. She didn't name Depp but everyone obviously assumed it was him. Either before or after this she also got a restraining order from a court preventing Depp from going near her. Depp was then hung out to dry in the media and lost film roles because of it, including Pitates of The Carribean.

Depp denied he had been physically or emotionally abusive and is now suing for defamation and lost earnings.

At some point in this, a British newspaper called him an abuser. Depp sued them but lost. I assume he lost because the paper had been reporting based on Heard's statement (whether that statement was true or not is exactly what they arebin court about now).

It will be interesting to see whether there is any actual evidence of Depp being abusive. I haven't seen anything compelling yet although there is still time. He admitsbto being a drug user and drinking a lot. There is also evidence of him being angry and slamming cupboards. But that's not necessity the same as being abusive. His previous wife says he was not abusive to her and everyone seems to say he's a nice guy.

However, there has certainly been evidence that she is an abuser, including her admitting in a recording that she hit him.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see whether there is any actual evidence of Depp being abusive. I haven't seen anything compelling yet although there is still time. He admitsbto being a drug user and drinking a lot. There is also evidence of him being angry and slamming cupboards. But that's not necessity the same as being abusive. His previous wife says he was not abusive to her and everyone seems to say he's a nice guy.

However, there has certainly been evidence that she is an abuser, including her admitting in a recording that she hit him.
So far there isn't any evidence whatsoever that he ever touched her, Ambers lawyers have had ample time to present any evidence he was ever physically abusive and they have come with up nothing.
There have been multiple testimonies that Amber has essentially lied about the bruises on her face and claimed she used a make-up to cover it that wasn't even released until the year after.
Also many statements from previous partners who have said he has never done anything to warrant any concern.
Yes he uses/used drugs/alcohol issues as-well as bashing some furniture but who hasn't? at least the alcohol/furniture bashing haha

Meanwhile Ambers own staff have provided evidence against her for some very strange reason, where she has admitted to hitting him and saying no one would ever believe him because he's a man. Also multiple recordings of arguments where Amber is screaming at him to not leave while he's very calm. I have no idea what they where thinking or if it would be taken a different way but its all just been negative towards Amber Turd. The testimony from the from hottie blondie was quite damning no matter how much Ambers lawyer tried to twist it.

JD's answers to questions have also been quite good I think, he takes time think about what he is saying as they will twist anything they can. Also its funny seeing him get sarky with the stupid questions. The constant "Did I read that right?" and "Is that correct?", "HEARSAY", "OBJECTION!!!" have also been quite funny even objecting to a question right after they themselves asked it :rolleyes: even stooping as low as to read out article titles thinking it means anything. So far JD should 100% win the case they have nothing on him and I don't see why they would be waiting until later in the trial to show it. She's crazy, lied to the media who then proceeded to destroy a high profile actors career with no evidence because she's a woman and who would lie about domestic abuse? The vape guy was hilarious.

The whole thing is a joke and should have never happened in the first place, they where obviously not supposed to be together. However hopefully this goes JD's way and we have a high provide case of a man being the victim of abuse from a woman to move things forward hopefully.

Last edited:
Soldato
Justice still won't be dealt properly. You just have to read on social media that public opinion is divided simply because this is the other way round to what this situation often is (a man abusing a woman). Lots of women are jumping to Heard's defence. If this was the other way around, pretty much every single person, bar the odd delicate/deranged man, would be calling for Depp's head. He'd be hailed as pure scum and deserving of whatever he gets dealt with in prison.

I hate this kind of thing because it just damages the prospect of real victims getting real justice and rather than speaking out, they'll remain silent and fearful.

Soldato
Attitudes are changing though and Female to Male abuse is far more recognised and believed than it used to be, thankfully. Though I agree the default position is usually that it's the man at fault.

I recently submitted evidence in a crown court case against an ex of mine who had accused her new partner of domestic abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour.

She had completely set him up and compiled a 'fake dossier' over a year to incriminate him. (Think I dodged a bullet! :eek:) The police were shocking in the case (and a prime example of why you only say 'No Comment' if questioned, even when you are innocent) and just took her side from the start and were not interested in any evidence from him that contradicted her accusations.

So after a couple of years it finally got to Crown and his solicitor just tore her story to pieces and the Judge saw straight though her and threw the case out.

Soldato
Justice still won't be dealt properly. You just have to read on social media that public opinion is divided simply because this is the other way round to what this situation often is (a man abusing a woman). Lots of women are jumping to Heard's defence. If this was the other way around, pretty much every single person, bar the odd delicate/deranged man, would be calling for Depp's head. He'd be hailed as pure scum and deserving of whatever he gets dealt with in prison.

I hate this kind of thing because it just damages the prospect of real victims getting real justice and rather than speaking out, they'll remain silent and fearful.
That hasn't been my impression. If you search Jonny Depp in Twitter in the results there is no shortage of women ripping Amber Heard to bits and backing Depp in this. No one likes a liar and especially a liar that hurts genuine victims of abuse. She is clearly a complete nut job.

Soldato
That hasn't been my impression. If you search Jonny Depp in Twitter in the results there is no shortage of women ripping Amber Heard to bits and backing Depp in this. No one likes a liar and especially a liar that hurts genuine victims of abuse. She is clearly a complete nut job.
I've seen posts leaning either way and not just a couple, there's a lot of fence sitting too. I'm saying, if Depp was the main perpetrator here (they're both guilty of poor behaviour in varying degrees) then the world over would be calling for his head.

Soldato
Attitudes are changing though and Female to Male abuse is far more recognised and believed than it used to be, thankfully. Though I agree the default position is usually that it's the man at fault.

I recently submitted evidence in a crown court case against an ex of mine who had accused her new partner of domestic abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour.

She had completely set him up and compiled a 'fake dossier' over a year to incriminate him. (Think I dodged a bullet! :eek:) The police were shocking in the case (and a prime example of why you only say 'No Comment' if questioned, even when you are innocent) and just took her side from the start and were not interested in any evidence from him that contradicted her accusations.

So after a couple of years it finally got to Crown and his solicitor just tore her story to pieces and the Judge saw straight though her and threw the case out.
Frightening.

Soldato
Frightening.
It was. The poor guy was a wreck with this hanging over him for two years.

The problem was she is a gorgeous blonde, very intelligent and extremely charismatic, just completely bat**** crazy (the cliche choose two out of three :p) and as it turns out, a man hater. She also played on the fact she was an A&E nurse so portrayed the angelic persona that everyone believed. Unbeknownst to me when we were together she had been telling her friends I used to abuse and hit her, so she was setting me up too, I just got out in time before the trap shut!

Tbh, we all thought he was ******, but I wrote a long defence about her personality disorders and like I said, thankfully the Judge saw straight through her. Close call all round though.

Man of Honour

I think the only way that we will get this to a proper and full conclusion is to put Dr Curry on the stand as much as possible for as long as possible ;)

Soldato
Stolen from a comment I saw on one of the compilation videos regarding the trial, Amber turd's lawyers don't seem interested in winning the case (maybe because they think it is unwinnable) they seem more interested in embarrasing Depp and dragging his name further threw the mud. May not be accurate as I have not seen the full trial, only highlights but they seem desperate to dredge up dirty **** on him.

The lawyer called hearsay on his own question:rolleyes:

Soldato

It was. The poor guy was a wreck with this hanging over him for two years.

The problem was she is a gorgeous blonde, very intelligent and extremely charismatic, just completely bat**** crazy (the cliche choose two out of three :p) and as it turns out, a man hater. She also played on the fact she was an A&E nurse so portrayed the angelic persona that everyone believed. Unbeknownst to me when we were together she had been telling her friends I used to abuse and hit her, so she was setting me up too, I just got out in time before the trap shut!

Tbh, we all thought he was ******, but I wrote a long defence about her personality disorders and like I said, thankfully the Judge saw straight through her. Close call all round though.

Damn was she called Michelle by any chance sounds exactly like the crazy blonde nurse I knew who did exactly the same crap to a friend.

Soldato

I saw quite a lot of this kind of stuff on Reddit. Guys getting hit and abused by women, neighbours or whoever calling the cops (US) and the guy immediately being arrested, despite being the only one having bruises, cuts, gashes etc... with the police seemingly not interested in hearing his side. Pretty shocking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stolen from a comment I saw on one of the compilation videos regarding the trial, Amber turd's lawyers don't seem interested in winning the case (maybe because they think it is unwinnable) they seem more interested in embarrasing Depp and dragging his name further threw the mud. May not be accurate as I have not seen the full trial, only highlights but they seem desperate to dredge up dirty **** on him.

The lawyer called hearsay on his own question:rolleyes:
I've had a lot of it on in the background as i've had time to kill recently and honestly i dont know what Heard's team are trying to do. They ask the same questions over and over, often get information wrong, are unnecessarily rude. So far, I'm not getting their game plan. Meanwhile Depp's team are too soft and aren't countering enough objections - there's a lot of stuff being objected and sustained by Heard's team which are simply wrong and the judge has a part in that too. It's been a weird trial with some fantastic moments, the majority of which at the detriment to Heard and her team, but it's far from over yet.

How could they even attempt to ask that question without having some proof that it was true? Muppets.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom