Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
IMG-20220507-162931-01.jpg

Soldato
About 500 quid of loft boards and insulation (went for OSB as it was only slightly more than chipboard
mFejrjW.jpeg

Loftzone system being put in plus im fitting some timbers as a handrail around the hatch

Any ideas for cleaning up the gap between the hatch and the loft insulation im all ears.

aMsI7el.jpeg

Dewalt tstak offer from screwfix, 20 quid a box... Possibly a bit OTT for DIY but I don't have a garage so trying to work out how to store all my tools neatly..

6bwmScY.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Paint - rustoleum kitchen paint
Handles - bauhaus hexagon from Dowsing and reynolds

Old colour (apologies its not the same position but gives an idea)
Y5KpBrf.jpeg

New colour/handles - ignore everything above the cabinets as the worktop/tiles getting changed.

Would help if my new plinths had been delivered as they will be getting painted also. The Eagle eyed will also notice my mrs missed a bit on the filler panel to the right but that will get fixed

9cgHJfd.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
DeWalt tstak offer from screwfix, 20 quid a box... Possibly a bit OTT for DIY but I don't have a garage so trying to work out how to store all my tools neatly..

6bwmScY.jpeg
I've been looking at these too, having just bought a twin pack of drivers that fit the system. At present I've got two identical toolboxes - one Stanley branded so yellow accents, the other red.

One is my "everything DIY" box I can take to help friend - screws, plugs, drill bits, a few odd things like a file and a sharpening stone. Radiator key, picture hooks, dust masks etc. This box plus my drill box used to be enough for almost all normal DIY tasks.

The other box is painting and decorating to sandpaper, brushes, filler, wire wool, scrapers, and now I'm adding a shelf of plumbing tools. More than anything else I've discovered plumbing seems to have tools you'll never need for other tasks. Which means the absolute dream - a single toolbox you never have to dig out unexpectedly because there's a tool you need for some random job.

Having had 10 years out of those two and they're still solid and useful, would recommend them if you like the form factor (a bit more carryable on the tube or around a property). This style but mine have a full width shelf:

Paint - rustoleum kitchen paint

Old colour (apologies its not the same position but gives an idea)
Y5KpBrf.jpeg

New colour/handles - ignore everything above the cabinets as the worktop/tiles getting changed.

Would help if my new plinths had been delivered as they will be getting painted also. The Eagle eyed will also notice my mrs missed a bit on the filler panel to the right but that will get fixed

9cgHJfd.jpeg
This looks amazing!

Soldato
I've been looking at these too..

Aye I need a good small toolbox, but would rather something thin/easy to cart round the house. I have made a cardinal sin of having mostly makita tools but dewalt boxes :D

Thanks. I like the handles, they were £8 a pop from dowsing and reynolds but certainly feel higher end than previous.
That's very....... blue.
certainly is! will look a bit strong in the kitchen with the blue tiles above, but they will be getting knocked out. (pic is of utility room)

Man of Honour
Bought a bunch of things to build a big shed after many years of making do with basic storage solutions one way or the other. The shed itself is used but basically brand new being sold by a builder locally who worked on a house being moved into that came with the shed erected but never actually used. Bought for £250 which is a bargain for 10ft square :cool:

shed-up_2.jpg

Lots of work left to do still but once all done, gonna look great.

Back
Top Bottom