Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th May 2022]

Soldato
Son living up to his reputation as one of the biggest injury fakers in the premiership, blokes made of cheese. Even lowered his head on purpose for that. Holding a complete idiot for falling for his antics
Reputation. Haha

Studio pundits were talking earlier that nobody talks about the 2nd greatest player ever, Son.

Associate
He didnt fall for anything. He's deliberately blocked him off with a slice of elbow.
Son knew what he was doing and made sure his elbow made contact with his head, played for it. Holding has been playing like an idiot all game though I agree. Should have subbed him after the first 2 altercations.

Associate
Shame Tierney didn't act in this manner and gave Liverpool a pen for the foul on Jota and a red card to Kane for a leg breaker earlier in the season.

Soldato
Son knew what he was doing and made sure his elbow made contact with his head, played for it. Holding has been playing like an idiot all game though I agree. Should have subbed him after the first 2 altercations.

Oh thats brilliant. :D

Holding is just lucky that it was a second yellow.

Man of Honour
OP
It's one of those letter of the law penalties that you never see given but for some reason we keep having them go against us. Just like that Martinelli double yellow earlier in the season (yes im still not over it).

Anyway, where's the whiskey...

Don
It really wasnt. He fouled him, clear as day.
It probably was a foul but you will see that very same foul multiple times per round of matches without a pen being given. It's like shirt pulling at corners - when they're given it's hard to argue, in isolation, that it wasn't a foul but it's also incredibly frustrating when you see the same challenge waved away.

Soldato
It's one of those letter of the law penalties that you never see given but for some reason we keep having them go against us. Just like that Martinelli double yellow earlier in the season (yes im still not over it).

Anyway, where's the whiskey...

You dont when its not as obvious tho. Neville nailed it for me...hes tried to be clever but did it badly.

Soldato
It probably was a foul but you will see that very same foul multiple times per round of matches without a pen being given. It's like shirt pulling at corners - when they're given it's hard to argue, in isolation, that it wasn't a foul but it's also incredibly frustrating when you see the same challenge waved away.
Im all for them all being given. I'd also like when a striker takes a shot, misses and is taken out to be given aswell.

I just think this was a really bad attempt to be clever.

Associate
The refs are basically just useless. The inconstancy is shocking for this level. Been so many high profile clangers all over the shop for and against every team really.

Back
Top Bottom