**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I grabbed a whole bunch of free mod aircraft over the weekend.
The A320nx seemed pretty good and HX135 was ok. Can’t say I was too impressed with the others (eg Hurricane, Zero).
Any good recommendations?

Soldato
I’m actually tempted to pick up the fenix for practising certain stuff before sim checks… looks like they’ve gone ridiculously in depth.

Price for what they are promising is insanely low too tbh.

Soldato
I grabbed a whole bunch of free mod aircraft over the weekend.
The A320nx seemed pretty good and HX135 was ok. Can’t say I was too impressed with the others (eg Hurricane, Zero).
Any good recommendations?

Any flavour of aircraft in particular you like?

Anything by Gotgravel is pretty good and he has some freebies (as well as working with devs like flying iron on planes like the spitfire, p-38 upcoming f6f etc).

Savage Grravel:

Vertigo:

This is worth a look too, Wedell-Williams model 44

If you are willing to spend some dollars, two of the best planes in the sim for me are the flying iron spitfire and the justflight bae hawk.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Thanks, downloading the Vertigo now, and have already bagged the Grravel.

Was the Hawk developed by the same group who did the DCS one? Not sure, but it would make me think twice.

Soldato
Been back in MSFS the last few weeks....there's a massive wind farm being proposed up near my parents in Scotland, and they asked about hiring a visualisation company to see what it will look like, as all the developer have provided is 2d maps. I figured I'd give it a go, seeing as my day job isn't too far removed! Initially tried using GIS software, but couldn't get any sufficiently detailed height data for freebies. Scratched my head a bit, and thought that maybe using MSFS would be a decent option to try!

I've been buggering about a lot in Excel and have managed to take their limited data and convert it into the XML format MSFS uses for scenery mods, so have all of the turbine positions imported and spot on. Just trying to get the windmill scale correct.

The visualisations certainly look great with the visuals in MSFS :D

Soldato
Been back in MSFS the last few weeks....there's a massive wind farm being proposed up near my parents in Scotland, and they asked about hiring a visualisation company to see what it will look like, as all the developer have provided is 2d maps. I figured I'd give it a go, seeing as my day job isn't too far removed! Initially tried using GIS software, but couldn't get any sufficiently detailed height data for freebies. Scratched my head a bit, and thought that maybe using MSFS would be a decent option to try!

I've been buggering about a lot in Excel and have managed to take their limited data and convert it into the XML format MSFS uses for scenery mods, so have all of the turbine positions imported and spot on. Just trying to get the windmill scale correct.

The visualisations certainly look great with the visuals in MSFS :D

That's fantastic!

Soldato
The Fenix A320 has been confirmed as costing just £49.99. The depth of it looks staggering and it’s nice to see such an easy and advanced livery system built in. I think this will definitely be my main fly.

I just wanted to check that I am understanding this correctly. Is this a highly detailed model of the A320 with "upgraded" flight physics? What are the additional details in the cockpit vs the standard MSFS model? Is the intent for the upgrades to more closely match the A320 in real life?

I don't own MSFS, I'm just trying to understand what this is before a slide it in front of my friend.

Caporegime
I just wanted to check that I am understanding this correctly. Is this a highly detailed model of the A320 with "upgraded" flight physics? What are the additional details in the cockpit vs the standard MSFS model? Is the intent for the upgrades to more closely match the A320 in real life?

I don't own MSFS, I'm just trying to understand what this is before a slide it in front of my friend.
It’s a million miles from the standard model. The standard model is an unrealistic, shoddy joke only suitable for the likes of arcade gamers.

The Fenix is a proper simulation. Accurate visuals, modelling, every function of a real A320 and an accurate representation of how the real plane works. It’s what is called a study level plane. You can’t just get in and fly, you need to learn first and keep on learning as you go on.

Soldato
It’s a million miles from the standard model. The standard model is an unrealistic, shoddy joke only suitable for the likes of arcade gamers.

The Fenix is a proper simulation. Accurate visuals, modelling, every function of a real A320 and an accurate representation of how the real plane works. It’s what is called a study level plane. You can’t just get in and fly, you need to learn first and keep on learning as you go on.
Thanks, this seems (potentially) perfect for my friends needs.

Associate
I am also planning on purchasing the Fenix A320, it looks incredible. However, after reading recent posts on Discord/Facebook I may hold off for a couple of weeks to allow them to smooth things out a bit.

Soldato
For those of you that have picked up the fenix, I believe it is supposed to have pretty decent failure modelling?

If so, I posted this a long tome ago but now it’s actually relevant - you may find this free document of great use in understanding and managing your failures

If you want to support the guy you can buy a hard copy, digital download is free.

Can vouch for its accuracy, never found a mistake to date (though obviously it’s geared specifically toward easyJet spec and SOP as he mentions) and I use it all the time to augment the other manuals when studying for various bits and bobs in the sim.

Soldato
I bought the a320 and the pmdg 737, both are good obviously, but the pmdg is a lot easier to get going in, mind you I had a pmdg a few years ago so had a head start on that.
I find the a320 strangely addictive, the visuals and animations are good and it took a while to get a flight plan in the computer the first time.
I've now done a couple of smooth landings and am liking it.

Back
Top Bottom