Mountain Biking

fez

fez

Caporegime
Gorgeous ride yesterday on my new bike. Found a lovely bluebell wood down a track I'd never ridden before.

P1SIJCt.jpg

You spent far too much time posing that :p

Don't think we haven't noticed the crank position, the stick blending into the woods holding up the bike, the wheel logos at the same position on the wheels.

Such a poser :p

Soldato
So I’ve got £1,200 to spend, I’ve been looking at the below, can’t seem to find any reviews on it?

Is there anything else I should be looking at before I pull the trigger

Thanks!
  • Vitus Sentier 29 VR Mountain Bike 2022​

Soldato
Have you considered the VRX? Few left on CRC. Fox Fork, SLX Chainset and Brakes, DT Swiss m1900 Wheelset.
So I’ve got £1,200 to spend, I’ve been looking at the below, can’t seem to find any reviews on it?

Is there anything else I should be looking at before I pull the trigger

Thanks!
  • Vitus Sentier 29 VR Mountain Bike 2022​

It wont have changed much if at all since the 2020/2021 bike... have a look at reviews on those

Soldato
You spent far too much time posing that :p

Don't think we haven't noticed the crank position, the stick blending into the woods holding up the bike, the wheel logos at the same position on the wheels.

Such a poser :p
Yeah, you got me :)

Miffed I left it in such a low gear, would have liked the chain parallel.

Soldato
Actually there is the below model in my price range?
  • Vitus Sentier 27 VRS Mountain Bike 2021​

Just get a Bizango Pro from Halfords, medium is in stock they are cracking bikes for the money.

*edit* not till next Month but worth tapping up your local store and booking one in.

Soldato
Just get a Bizango Pro from Halfords, medium is in stock they are cracking bikes for the money.

*edit* not till next Month but worth tapping up your local store and booking one in.
Great shout, I had somehow missed this? I popped to my local store "Letchworth" and they had no idea when it would be back in stock, nor do they offer a pre-order on it so all I can do is watch their website!

By their size guide I'm a large (5'11") so that's what I'll be looking out for!

Soldato
Great shout, I had somehow missed this? I popped to my local store "Letchworth" and they had no idea when it would be back in stock, nor do they offer a pre-order on it so all I can do is watch their website!

By their size guide I'm a large (5'11") so that's what I'll be looking out for!
Just an idea, but a mate of mine just took delivery of one of these today - https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBTIFLGX/titus-fireline-sram-gx-titanium-mountain-bike

It is £1500, but what a spec for the price, it is a lovely bit of kit and Plant X do R2W. Just an option before it goes back up in price to £2200. It is a proper trail bike so might not be what you are looking for.

Soldato
Just an idea, but a mate of mine just took delivery of one of these today - https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBTIFLGX/titus-fireline-sram-gx-titanium-mountain-bike

It is £1500, but what a spec for the price, it is a lovely bit of kit and Plant X do R2W. Just an option before it goes back up in price to £2200. It is a proper trail bike so might not be what you are looking for.
Appreciate the shared link, I’ve already put my voucher through to my HR department, it’s £1,250 just a few pound over my monthly budget! Thanks again though ;)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Any reason the polygon from go outdoors doesn’t get mentioned here? is it that bad or? Didn’t they build the Bossnut years back which was well reviewed

Thought that was calibre who made the bossnut or have they renamed themselves? Haven't heard much from them. They were considered the best full suss under £1k for a while there.

Polygon bikes get good reviews as far as I know.

Soldato
Thought that was calibre who made the bossnut or have they renamed themselves? Haven't heard much from them. They were considered the best full suss under £1k for a while there.

Polygon bikes get good reviews as far as I know.
Well my £1,250 voucher is in, trouble is all the bikes I like in that price range Voodoo Pro, Vitus, Nukeproof all seems to be out of stock or not in my size range :(

Associate
So! I've been looking at the Vitus Sentier 29 2022 via Wiggle, any thoughts?

s6ST1Cu.png
The same bike is 855 at Chain Reaction currently. Also could consider the 2021 Nukeproof Scout 290 Race at 999 (better wheels, grips better than your additional ones there and I think the fork is slightly better - Recon RL vs Recon RL Silver - but they may just be the same thing).

Worth getting a longer dropper though for sure, 125 is short by todays standards - run a 170 on my main bike and it could probably fit a 200mm if I wanted. 31.6mm is the correct diameter though for either bike above.

Stock bars are decent enough and can be cut down if too wide.

Edit - with a £1250 budget, you could look at the Sentier VR at £1125. Marzocchi Bomber fork is a leap above the Recon, comes with a dropper fitted, better drivetrain too. Only seems in stock in 275 currently though.

Last edited:
Soldato
The same bike is 855 at Chain Reaction currently. Also could consider the 2021 Nukeproof Scout 290 Race at 999 (better wheels, grips better than your additional ones there and I think the fork is slightly better - Recon RL vs Recon RL Silver - but they may just be the same thing).

Worth getting a longer dropper though for sure, 125 is short by todays standards - run a 170 on my main bike and it could probably fit a 200mm if I wanted. 31.6mm is the correct diameter though for either bike above.

Stock bars are decent enough and can be cut down if too wide.

Edit - with a £1250 budget, you could look at the Sentier VR at £1125. Marzocchi Bomber fork is a leap above the Recon, comes with a dropper fitted, better drivetrain too. Only seems in stock in 275 currently though.
I thought CR and Wiggle were the same company?

Was looking at the Nukeproof Scout 290 race also :)

Where is the Sentier VR for £1125 can I ask please.....

Back
Top Bottom