TV Licence Super Thread

Associate
Cancelled my licence a while back as I don't require it for what I use/watch. Took a while but started getting the threat letters again that, as everyone knows, escalates to some quite disturbing wording. Went back onto the website and re-registered that I didn't need the licence and they stopped sending me spam.

Soldato
how does watching stuff on youtube count?! do they mean via a smart TV? cos if i watch, eg, the live Depp court streams on my PC via the internet i don't see how the BBC get a cut of that?
It means live broadcast content i.e. if a channel decides to make their content available on YouTube in real-time.

There's a lot of confusion in this thread about what live means in terms of the TV license - it doesn't mean literally "happening now", it means live broadcast content. If it's someone live-streaming their own show for instance that's not included as it isn't available in the broadcast TV signal anyway.

Soldato
It's just a tax on stupid people.
no it isn't. you may not think it is worth it and therefore choose not to use it in which case that is your call
if however you use the service then you are no more stupid than paying for sky, Netflix or what ever .

if you use it but don't pay your wack then that does not make you intelligent.... any more than any other form of piracy. Not judging if you do... but I don't think people who have hookie sky setups are intelligent and legitimate users stupid.

Soldato
Well if you look at the post I replied to originally then you would know why I posted my reply :cry:
Well there is one situation where the answer is yes. If your friend doesnt have a license and you are using a mobile phone or tablet to watch live football its ok to use your own TV license at his house just as long as you don't do something really wild like plug your phone/tablet in to charge at his house. Then your breaking the law.

Soldato
Well there is one situation where the answer is yes. If your friend doesnt have a license and you are using a mobile phone or tablet to watch live football its ok to use your own TV license at his house just as long as you don't do something really wild like plug your phone/tablet in to charge at his house. Then your breaking the law.
It's daft isn't it, wonder what happens of you used s generator to power a laptop or tv.

Permabanned
you registered as no licence needed so watch out or we'll treat you as unlicenced :-/

Yeh but it expires on the 06/07/2022 so needs a new decleration. Just fill it in, takes no more than 60 seconds of your life.

Takes a lot longer than posting on here about it.

EDIT: If you don't fill it in it will be unlicenced and you will get a letter than someone will be calling around at some point. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom