TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Yeh but it expires on the 06/07/2022 so needs a new decleration. Just fill it in, takes no more than 60 seconds of your life.

Takes a lot longer than posting on here about it.

EDIT: If you don't fill it in it will be unlicenced and you will get a letter than someone will be calling around at some point. :p
Last time I filled out the declaration form it took up more of my time as it only served for them to increase the amount of letters and visits I had. Only now they have my name so they could do personalized visits and threats with my name on.

Soldato
Yeh but it expires on the 06/07/2022 so needs a new decleration. Just fill it in, takes no more than 60 seconds of your life.

Takes a lot longer than posting on here about it.

EDIT: If you don't fill it in it will be unlicenced and you will get a letter than someone will be calling around at some point. :p
oh right, i didn't realise you had to keep renewing.

Permabanned
oh right, i didn't realise you had to keep renewing.
That’s the hope.

Indeed. Just make sure you really don't watch it if you don't watch it then there's no problems but if you do and you do catch you then off to court you go. :)

I did this, they did come around, I let them in but I didn't need one so all was well. From then on I just filled in the no tv licence required form online each time I got a letter.

It's easier to do that than ignore them for the time it takes.

Soldato
I certainly won't be letting them in, but I certainly will troll them for as long as they're willing to let me.
It'll all be on CCTV, so I'll post the vid on here providing they actually turn up.

Soldato
Another threatening letter, they really know how to waste money. They even do not have the courtesy to send a salesman out on the day they threatened to.

vpHgD2Z.jpg
They shouldn't be allowed to send out letters like that, especially when we're supposed to have a presumption of innocence.

I'm not personally anti-BBC.

But they shouldn't be threatening people. They can't do anything unless they see you watching live tv or you say you have watched live tv.

Soldato
Another threatening letter, they really know how to waste money. They even do not have the courtesy to send a salesman out on the day they threatened to.

vpHgD2Z.jpg
There are two things you can do. Do a GDPR request of all the data they hold on you including all the investigations and the results of these investigations. Plus send them a bill for lost wages for taking time off and them not turning up on the date they said. The most fun one is playing with the investigations as you have evidence they have started and completed multiple investigations. Which means they have to have a record of those investigations and they have to provide you with that data. Send them threatening letters back saying you will report them for breaching GDPR for not providing you with the data they hold on you about investigations about you that they say they have ran.

Man of Honour
After years of threatening letters, I actually had a visit just before I left the UK.

I was home, and heard the letterbox go. Walked downstairs, and there was a handwritten "We called at X time" slip posted through the door. They definitely didn't knock, I'm not sure why they bothered to go to the effort of visiting only to post a letter and walk off.

Soldato
After years of threatening letters, I actually had a visit just before I left the UK.

I was home, and heard the letterbox go. Walked downstairs, and there was a handwritten "We called at X time" slip posted through the door. They definitely didn't knock, I'm not sure why they bothered to go to the effort of visiting only to post a letter and walk off.

Maybe they think their perceived presence is enough to scare some people into thinking they could show up properly one day and paying it!

Man of Honour
Could be worse I suppose - a TV licence here in Austria is about £300, the most expensive in Europe. If you own a TV but don't have a licence, you need to have the tuner removed or disabled, like we used to have in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom