Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
I know it's not a real Amiga, but I just got this retro styled PC keyboard for my A500 Mini and it works great. Not mechanical, but feels like one of the old 16 bit computer keyboards, and the styling and key layout is like the old IBM model M keyboards, which is not that different to an A500 keyboard. No silly media keys either.

Soldato
I have 3 amiga's in the loft, so the next time we have a sort out, i'll need to see what condition they are in.

I have nothing to connect them to and TBH, I would know how to use them!! :)

Soldato
That sounds awesome, how did you find out about the meets. Wonder if there's anything in the North West.
Amiga group meets? Thats pretty cool :) Is there a list or schedule of meets around UK somewhere?

The SWAG group has been going for years. They disbanded and reformed. I caught them at the reformation stage via a posting on English Amiga Board / EAB.

They restarted the group in Swindon and now moved it to Chipping Sodbury.

They have a website and Facebook group.

There's lots of footage of the meets on YouTube.

Soldato
I have 3 amiga's in the loft, so the next time we have a sort out, i'll need to see what condition they are in.

I have nothing to connect them to and TBH, I would know how to use them!! :)

There's still so much development for the Amiga. If you still have the power supply, all you need is a TV with Scart and buy the relevant lead, Amiga to Scart via the internet.

Otherwise, you need a HDMI solution which is pricier.

Then, get a Gotek drive, usb key and there's lots of free games to download.

Easiest still is to download Amiga Forever and reintroduce yourself that way.

Associate
Bunch of great Amiga's here but do anyone own or remember the Amiga CDTV launched in early 1991?
I never had one myself but I first got to see it from Amiga magazines showing this cool looking black but expensive Amiga with a CD drive.
It basically targeting the same market as the Philips CD-i that released a year prior so it has a lot of educational titles mixed in with some real games.

I probably would have missed the CDTV scene if it were not for the Amiga CD32 being backwards compatible with a bunch of CDTV games.
Some of these games do require extra hardware for CD32 owners to run correctly like a keyboard/mouse and a floppy drive to save progress.

Here are some CDTV games from my collection.
CDTV3-Mix0.jpg

CDTV3-Mix1.jpg

CDTV3-Mix2.jpg

CDTV3-Mix3.jpg

CDTV3-Mix4.jpg

CDTV3-Mix5.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The good ole days. I miss my Amiga. I had this daft commandos type game where you could spin yourself around and shoot everything that came at you. Me and my mate used to call it the cherry blossom. I've no idea why, but hey ho! Can't even remember the name of the game now. It was a top down shooter, with one guy, you, versus the whole world. It was utterly addictive and fabulous.

Associate
I just bought an amiga 1200 boxed today after reading this thread for a while for a really cheap price off a mate so I'm looking to do some upgrades so looking for some advice on what to go for. It comes with 3.0 roms is it worth updating to 3.1 and where would be the best place to source the roms and os.

Soldato
See if you can get hold of a viper accelerator card with some ram on it, was affordable at the time of Amiga so might be a few of them around. If you really want to go overboard get a new Vampire card.

Back
Top Bottom