BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
The HUD and gesture control is one of those features that you'll play with for a day and never use it again.

I could not disagree more with respect to the head up display. It is an excellent feature and genuinely useful - it's really very good and is the thing I regret not having on my car the most. I don't think I'd buy another BMW without it.

Man of Honour
HUD is incredible, looking down at the M4 clocks feels positively dangerous now I'm used to it. :p One of the best features in years.

Wireless charging is slow but it also cooks your phone, not really fussed about that. Pleased I have it though as I believe it's required to get CarPlay to work (albeit not on a G Series car).

Associate
My iPhone 13 pro max barely fit in the slot so I’m not that fussed about that feature. The only must haves for me are Harmon kardon and the hud. My drive to work and back is only about 10 miles but I do like to go for a drive with my friends sometimes. They have an i30n and another Focus RS. I think a 330i would still be plenty for me these days but if the difference is £3-4K my heart is saying get the m340.

I’ll just be happy getting a comfortable car with lots of creature comforts after being in a Focus RS for 4 years. The firm ride is getting annoying and Averaging 22mpg is a bit pants. It’s noisy on the motorway and my parents struggle to get in and out of it now. The boy racer in me might be dying hence my dilemma in choosing a 330i or m340 haha.

Man of Honour
M340i is by all accounts an absolutely superb car, I don't think you'd be disappointed. One of its biggest advantages is that it doesn't have the horrendous front end. If I had to commute more often than I do now I could see myself getting one, perhaps the tourer. I could never see myself in the new M3, I think it’s pig ugly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I could not disagree more with respect to the head up display. It is an excellent feature and genuinely useful - it's really very good and is the thing I regret not having on my car the most. I don't think I'd buy another BMW without it.

This. Now that I have gone HUD I wouldnt want another car without a HUD. Gesture control is **** though.

Soldato
I suspect my M2 Comp will make way for an M340 touring. They're fantastic to drive, comparatively. But then my Comp only has 14k on it now, so I've hardly had my money's worth out of it. It's always the tech that seems to age cars though isn't it? Mine is starting to feel a bit behind the other cars I get to use, if it is a lot more fun to drive.

Soldato
Anyone else had it where android auto randomly opens? Over the last couple of weeks it when using the built in spotify app it opens android auto and pauses the music. Had it this morning when just listening to the radio too. It's really annoying!

Soldato
Anyone else had it where android auto randomly opens? Over the last couple of weeks it when using the built in spotify app it opens android auto and pauses the music. Had it this morning when just listening to the radio too. It's really annoying!
Not a peasant so don't use an Android phone (joke before anyone gets upset!) but it might be set to autoconnect in settings?

Associate

I had this before with Apple CarPlay, switched the connection mode back to iDrive for a bit to stop it and haven't switched it back on yet.

Man of Honour
I actually really like the Touring, for some reason the front doesn't seem as hideous on it which I don't get as it's the same as the saloon.

nam

nam

Soldato
any owners on here of X3 M40i or X3M competition. what are the benefits of the X3M competition over the M40i in addition to the extra cost is it worth it ?

Soldato
any owners on here of X3 M40i or X3M competition. what are the benefits of the X3M competition over the M40i in addition to the extra cost is it worth it ?
I have an X3M40i and love it. I've owned it for three years now and it's a great all rounder for the family. It's fun to drive and I also used to tow a 1900kg caravan around a few times a year which it does really well too.

I can't comment on the X3M as I haven't driven one but it's a full M Car and will be a level above the M40i in both driving and cost. Reports on it were that it wasn't a great ride but I guess that depends on what your looking for.

Reactions: nam
Back
Top Bottom