I need help

Associate
Hi there guys so I need to upgrade my motherboard because I’m upgrading my case and the pc I have is a acer nitro n50 610 (a prebuild) so they’ve added a motherboard which doesn’t let me swap out it to another case as it has this extended bit as u can see in the photo at the top of the board so this stops me from using it in another case so I need help picking a cheap new motherboard what has a 10th gen cpu socket, a m.2 and DDR4 RAM and supports a 10th gen cpu please Please help me with this
lrgscaleIMG_6890.JPG

Man of Honour
Fortunately, 10th gen motherboards are pretty plentiful. What kind of CPU is it? M-ATX or ATX?

At the midrange I'd consider something like the MSI B560 Tomahawk (around £130), the B560M Pro-VDH and Bazooka (around £100) also seemed to perform well in the testing linked below.

At the lower-end you need to be more careful, especially if you're using a high-end CPU. You can see why here and here.

Associate
OP
Fortunately, 10th gen motherboards are pretty plentiful. What kind of CPU is it? M-ATX or ATX?

At the midrange I'd consider something like the MSI B560 Tomahawk (around £130), the B560M Pro-VDH and Bazooka (around £100) also seemed to perform well in the testing linked below.

At the lower-end you need to be more careful, especially if you're using a high-end CPU. You can see why here and here.
I don’t really know the CPU size but it’s a intel i5 10400F (10th gen). Thanks

Man of Honour
Ok I have a micro ATX board and recently bought a micro ATX case. Thanks

In that case (pun intended), I'd go with mickyflinn's suggestion.

There is also the Aorus Elite, which is £80 (no wifi), but the only review I could find was eteknix and I didn't notice any thermal testing.

Associate
OP
In that case (pun intended), I'd go with mickyflinn's suggestion.

There is also the Aorus Elite, which is £80 (no wifi), but the only review I could find was eteknix and I didn't notice any thermal testing.
Ok cool i also I don’t know if I’ll need a new power supply, how would I know if it would work all ok? Thanks

Man of Honour
Ok cool i also I don’t know if I’ll need a new power supply, how would I know if it would work all ok? Thanks

Does your power supply have a 4/8 pin connector for the CPU power and a 24 pin connector for the motherboard power? From your motherboard, it looks like it might be a proprietary (non-standard) design.

Associate
OP
Does your power supply have a 4/8 pin connector for the CPU power and a 24 pin connector for the motherboard power? From your motherboard, it looks like it might be a proprietary (non-standard) design.
Yeah I’m going to need a new power supply, could you recommend me any cheap ones as I’m on a budget here. Thanks

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
A decent 550w to 650w is enough but you may want to get a bigger wattage to cover you for future upgrades.

What case do you have ?

This is on offer

I probably won’t upgrade my GPU as I don’t have lots of money so anything what supports it will do and this is my new case what I have.

cscitflash-01.jpg

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom