• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Only just got back to PS5, is there some type of trick to do ?

You have to create a Turkish PSN account, subscribe to the Extra tier with a non-UK recognised payment (otherwise they simply won't let you make the purchase) and keep that account in the background as it were on your PS5. Then you keep subscribing to the basic Essential tier on your UK account and play on that account whilst still being able to get the benefits of the Extra tier from the Turkish account.

Subscribing to UK Essential + Turkish Extra is cheaper than simply upgrading your UK from Essential to Extra.

Caporegime
Is Crash Bandicoot Trilogy part of Essentials?

I have it in my library but never bought it. I think it might have been PS+ Collection for PS5. Not sure if they have packed that in now.

EDIT: Nope it's still there. You can get it if you have a PS5.

Caporegime
Damn, wish I read this thread before buying a year of Extra.

I have about 60 days left of my current Plus sub so they haven't charged me the £80 or whatever it is just yet. Only about £6. I'm assuming I can just cancel it?

Soldato
You have to create a Turkish PSN account, subscribe to the Extra tier with a non-UK recognised payment (otherwise they simply won't let you make the purchase) and keep that account in the background as it were on your PS5. Then you keep subscribing to the basic Essential tier on your UK account and play on that account whilst still being able to get the benefits of the Extra tier from the Turkish account.

Subscribing to UK Essential + Turkish Extra is cheaper than simply upgrading your UK from Essential to Extra.
Surely if you get a plus sub on a Turkish account and set your ps5 as primary for it you don't even need to buy the basic UK tier?

Does it not work like that?

Soldato
I was thinking the same thing but I don’t think you get the cloud saves or UK store discounts then.
Yeah, you won't get the UK store discounts but you'll probably be buying all your games in the Turkish sales for pennies once the account is up and running unless there's a specific reason to have them on the UK account.

Not sure about cloud saves though.

Soldato
I was thinking the same thing but I don’t think you get the cloud saves or UK store discounts then.
all 3 Turkish tiers have cloud storage but I am sure you will no longer have access to all the PS+ games you may have accumulated from your UK account unless you have the essential tier on that too.

Soldato
I upgraded to the extra package and there is a decent selection of games a few I have been wanting to try. It’s a shame Sony haven’t adopted the first party system like Microsoft but maybe they will in the future.

Caporegime
all 3 Turkish tiers have cloud storage but I am sure you will no longer have access to all the PS+ games you may have accumulated from your UK account unless you have the essential tier on that too.

Yeah, sorry, what I meant was that it's typical to have two PSN accounts - a UK one and a foreign one. You buy the games and subs on the foreign one and then you play them on your UK one. If you do this (I think) the UK account won't be able to upload saves to the cloud because that's a user-level feature and not a console-level one.

As you say, if you're not bothered about cloud saves, then the only reason to have the UK PS+ as well is so you can play any past games you've added to it.

Caporegime
What's the go to external USB storage?

Currently using the old WD ps4 2gb drive.

Any decent offers on SSD's?

I just use a 2TB Samsung QVO drive, cheap as chips as it only runs PS4 games which have load speeds throttled by the system anyway. That's connected to a USB 3.0 port on the back via a Sabrent USB to SATA adapter cable.

Caporegime
Yeah, sorry, what I meant was that it's typical to have two PSN accounts - a UK one and a foreign one. You buy the games and subs on the foreign one and then you play them on your UK one. If you do this (I think) the UK account won't be able to upload saves to the cloud because that's a user-level feature and not a console-level one.

As you say, if you're not bothered about cloud saves, then the only reason to have the UK PS+ as well is so you can play any past games you've added to it.
How does multiplayer work with this then? Can I still use my UK account without Plus to play online, as long as I've got Plus Extra on the secondary Turkish account?

Soldato
How does multiplayer work with this then? Can I still use my UK account without Plus to play online, as long as I've got Plus Extra on the secondary Turkish account?
You make the console primary to the Turkish account, then any other account on the console gets access to online and the games belonging to the Turkish account.

Last edited:
Soldato
Early leak for PS Essentials (Plus) for July: Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan, Arcadegeddon (PS5 / PS4)

From the source with 100% track record.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan is on Extra so a duplication but one benefit is that you'll always be able to play as long as you have a sub where as Extra games will be rotated out and the license taken away from you when it does.

Last edited:
Soldato
Early leak for PS Essentials (Plus) for July: Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan, Arcadegeddon (PS5 / PS4)

From the source with 100% track record.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan is on Extra so a duplication but one benefit is that you'll always be able to play as long as you have a sub where as Extra games will be rotated out and the license taken away from you when it does.
Still pretty crap though with just having had God of War which a number of people will have had already through PS collection.

Back
Top Bottom