The Tesla Thread

Associate
No, but I've had 14 since mid December, 8 of them making noticeable change (Major Versions). No other manufacture is iterating like that.
No, because other manufacturers actually test their software before releasing it. I like my Model 3 but ironically much of what I thought I was going to love about it is the thing that really annoys me about it, all relates to software.

Soldato
To be fair, some of the changes have not been good. The initial V11 release was a big retrograde step, it’s a lot better now but it still took them months to fix the things they broke.

Soldato
Yeah V11 was a little too clean. Confused why people loved the tyre pressure card though as the car literally alerts you if there is an issue, i.e. no need to watch it!

Happy with it now though, it's streamlined, but everything I need is at hand, some things even easier than before thanks to being able to assign my own buttons.

Soldato
Had my M3P about 30 months now after a MS P100d and MS75d.

Due to Tesla price increases it’s now with £12k more than when I ordered it. So I’ve made money driving lol. Crazy times that we live in. Pays for the deposit on my incoming MS Plaid.

Great cars.

Soldato
I just think it's rare for manufacturers to do any form of updates that don't require a visit to the dealer or are just poorly done. For example trying to upgrade the nav software in my wife's 2019 fiesta st (model and age for reference, as its newish and not base model), but there's an error message now that essentially means there's not enough space to install the update. Who designs software like that, that screams of absolutely no testing.

Soldato
Yeah V11 was a little too clean. Confused why people loved the tyre pressure card though as the car literally alerts you if there is an issue, i.e. no need to watch it!

Happy with it now though, it's streamlined, but everything I need is at hand, some things even easier than before thanks to being able to assign my own buttons.

I agree, particularly about the cards. The current version of V11 is abought right and a dare I say it, an improvement over V10, it just wasn't at launch.

Associate
I just think it's rare for manufacturers to do any form of updates that don't require a visit to the dealer or are just poorly done. For example trying to upgrade the nav software in my wife's 2019 fiesta st (model and age for reference, as its newish and not base model), but there's an error message now that essentially means there's not enough space to install the update. Who designs software like that, that screams of absolutely no testing.
Quite a few recent cars are doing this better now. IDrive 7 and 8 on BMW all offer OTA updates that works well and occasionally add new features as well as bug fixes. Latest Audi similar I believe. VW’s latest infotainment is an utter mess mind you, having borrowed an ID3 for a few days it was easily the worst part of the car (along with those utterly stupid capacitive buttons everywhere). Ford Mustang Mach-E has OTA updates now too I believe.

So yeah, it’s getting there.

Back
Top Bottom