Cinch more like crap

Associate
Cinch what a absolute shambles of a company!
Ordered a JCW on the 15th of June and it had to go to BMW with a TMPS fault so wasn’t delivered on the original date of tje 19th June.
That problem was fixed and delivery was rescheduled for Monday 27th June.
Sat at home at 19-00 today and received a phone call informing me the car delivery is aborted due to a damaged windscreen! Absolutely disgusting angry sad fed up!
I’m certainly not going ahead with this shambles of a company.
I’m requesting a full refund on Monday.
I’ve also paid for years road tax and insurance.

Associate
so communications were bad but id rather have a car with a new screen and faults sorted that have it delivered and then find it out? but your money your choice hope there are more to choose from.

Man of Honour
Ok.

They could have just delivered you a car with a damaged windscreen on Monday, or called you Monday morning to cancel or not called or turned up at all.

I could then maybe understand your paddy, but seems like they've not really done anything wrong it's just been some bad luck.

Man of Honour
I've heard somewhat mixed stories of Cinch though not used them myself, Cazoo is supposedly better but again not used myself.

Personally I'd rather they caught the issues and took ownership of them before delivering but still a pain - communications is the key in those kind of circumstances.

Soldato
I get that waiting for a new toy is frustrating but for all we know it's been really bad luck and Cinch are just trying to make sure you get a car in as good condition as it can be. Some companies would just hand the keys over with it broken and deny all knowledge when you bring it up.

Associate
OP
I’m going ahead with the new Windscreen fitted at Mini and get the car delivered.
I’ll have 14 days if it’s no good.

The car is full spec xl media HK 7k of extras 19 plate 7500 miles so it’s like brand new.

They are hard to find slept on it last night I really want the car.

Underboss
i find it rather odd of the company to advertise a car in good nick, and then to say its got a fault, and then ring you on another day to say a damaged windscreen
couldn't they see the glass was Brocken ? :rolleyes:
what else is wrong with it ?

Caporegime
i find it rather odd of the company to advertise a car in good nick, and then to say its got a fault, and then ring you on another day to say a damaged windscreen
couldn't they see the glass was Brocken ? :rolleyes:
what else is wrong with it ?
You know it’s delivered by driving it on the road ? Its possible for a stone to breaks a screen during that drive

Soldato
Surprised it’s going direct to Mini and not Autoglass etc - So least you should be getting an OEM Windscreen.

Nothing worse when you are eager and the date gets pushed back.

Monday is nearly here.. 1 more sleep :p

Soldato
I still can't get my head around buying a used car online. Every time, without exception, I've gone to see a car at a main dealer or otherwise, it's had something on it which needed to be rectified before we would buy it. I'm going to have a look at another few today so we'll find out if that holds true

Soldato
I still can't get my head around buying a used car online. Every time, without exception, I've gone to see a car at a main dealer or otherwise, it's had something on it which needed to be rectified before we would buy it. I'm going to have a look at another few today so we'll find out if that holds true
14 day many back guarantee; fairly low effort if there is an issue. But you are right, it must be a bit weird. The masses don't seem to care though - cars being for utility and all that.

Associate
tbh its not really much different from buying from a garage, ive had family buy new cars and then when pre delivery inspection comes they find faults and rectify.
look at it this way you get the faults sorted before delivery, and if you still find a problem get 14 days return, no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom