*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Are you running at default settings and haven't changed anything manually in OculusDebugTool?
No buddy, no changes
Seems like people have been trouble shooting it for over a year, and oculus have been quiet on the issue, with only generic responses in that forum,
No idea what's going on but it seems its quite common and no official fix

Associate
Ok cheers. Have you an AMD or Nvidia card? And is it connected with cable not wireless?
3080, and wired,
tried several cables, don't have a good enough router to try airlink,
seems people are effected even with the official link cable, so it's most likely a software issue,
Or some sort of conflict with certain peoples pc's which explains why not everyone is affected

Soldato
3080, and wired,
tried several cables, don't have a good enough router to try airlink,
seems people are effected even with the official link cable, so it's most likely a software issue,
Or some sort of conflict with certain peoples pc's which explains why not everyone is affected

Have you tried running the performance overlay in the Oculus Debug Tool just to see is there a drop off in performance when this happens.

Do you know if anyone who has this problem tried using Virtual desktop and Airlink? And on Virtual Desktop trying between the two different codecs.

My guess from looking at the link you posted is that it might be a decoder problem on the Quest 2. One way to troubleshoot this is to try another Quest 2 on your computer and/or your Quest 2 on another computer.

Underboss
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Umm posted in wrong thread... sorry

Caporegime
No buddy, no changes
Seems like people have been trouble shooting it for over a year, and oculus have been quiet on the issue, with only generic responses in that forum,
No idea what's going on but it seems its quite common and no official fix
  1. Is your Oculus software fully updated?
  2. Are your Nvidia GPU drivers fully updated? If not update them.
  3. Go into Oculus settings and check that BETA option 'Public Test Channel' is DIABLED. https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Supp...ss-screen-while-using-link/td-p/848398/page/9

Associate
Have the Quest 2 for some time now, and been looking at maybe getting a new strap, its not that the original strap is that bad or anything, does need to be adjusted every time I put it on as its gets a little lose every time I take it off.

I am drawn to this one,

There does seem to be a good range of brands of strap available and for each brand a lot of people like it, whereas a few don't as well.

anyone got one of the above, can get a battery free version for around £31 as I usually; only use the oculus for at most an hour and a half each time.

Any advice appreciated on the above strap or one equally as good.
Thanks
Joe

Caporegime
Have the Quest 2 for some time now, and been looking at maybe getting a new strap, its not that the original strap is that bad or anything, does need to be adjusted every time I put it on as its gets a little lose every time I take it off.

I am drawn to this one,

There does seem to be a good range of brands of strap available and for each brand a lot of people like it, whereas a few don't as well.

anyone got one of the above, can get a battery free version for around £31 as I usually; only use the oculus for at most an hour and a half each time.

Thanks
Joe
I got the KIWI head strap without battery and the KIWI link able... both work great!

Soldato

I am drawn to this one,

Thanks
Joe

The halo style GOMRVR is also another popular and comfortable headstrap

51127634173_3c584dcba4_b.jpg

There are loads to chose from depending on budget, carry case size and use. Plenty of reviews in the accessories thread, though it may be better to work backwards through the posts.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/quest-2-accessories-recommendations-reviews-etc.18904166/

Soldato

I am drawn to this one,

Thanks
Joe

If I was buying, I would buy one with the battery pack built in. Sure, you might not need the extra playing time, but the battery pack is a great counterweight to the weight of the headset. This balance adds a lot to the overall comfort of the headstrap. Worth the few extra quid in my opinion.

Underboss

I am drawn to this one,

Thanks
Joe

id get that one

not quite happy with mine (halo style from ali expresss) and think this will do better

Soldato
Thanks for replies folks, seems there is no end to the amount of different straps available, this different one with a battery seems a good price and if I was to add three year accidental cover would take it to around £50 or so, thoughts?

looks like a decent enough strap with plenty of angle adjustments plus the top head band which is probably quite comfy.

Associate
Thanks folks for all advice, just ordered this one, very similar to official strap but with rotation control to adjust, as adjusting the official strap every time was a pain.

There is a £9 off voucher with it, I did get the Bubble two year accidental damage cover for £3.39 so grand total was £24.98.
The strap does get five star reviews, no battery pack as I can live without it.
We'll see how it goes and will update with what I think.

Caporegime
Thanks folks for all advice, just ordered this one, very similar to official strap but with rotation control to adjust, as adjusting the official strap every time was a pain.

There is a £9 off voucher with it, I did get the Bubble two year accidental damage cover for £3.39 so grand total was £24.98.
The strap does get five star reviews, no battery pack as I can live without it.
We'll see how it goes and will update with what I think.
It's a mediocre and very cheap looking strap and design with what looks like a ton of fake and/or paid for reviews (the vouchers are usually conditional on a good 5* review). I would have paid the tenner extra and for a decent and reputable one like the KIWI etc.

Associate
Yep will see how it goes, I'm not too concerned about the minimalist style, I know some of the reviews are vine but they do seem genuine to me, to be honest all the straps even the Kiwi get some one star, so its probably a bit of a lottery to get one you are happy with. Will come back with a bit of feedback when I get it on.

Back
Top Bottom