TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Another threatening letter, they really know how to waste money. They even do not have the courtesy to send a salesman out on the day they threatened to.

vpHgD2Z.jpg
Just received a letter very similar to this except it says a "Visit is scheduled".

I am currently in rented accommodation so never bothered with a license. I'm actually leaving the property this coming Friday.

Shall I just bin this letter or bother trying to contacting them?

Man of Honour
If they turn up then stare at them in silence for 20 seconds, then laugh maniacally like Agent Smith from The Matrix. I bet they don't hang around :)

Soldato
I love how years later this thread still has a mix of non-TV-watchers and TV-watchers-who-don't-like-paying-for-it, rubbing shoulders as if they have something in common. Hasn't been a new original post in a good while :D

Soldato
Caporegime
Shall I just bin this letter or bother trying to contacting them?
do you contact all unsolicited sales people? or just BBC goons?

You need an Arknor License to read my posts on this forum through an etch-a-sketch.
if you don't have an etch-a-sketch then you can give me your name and address instead and tell me you don;t need a license.

if you don't ill send the boys around with the etch-a-sketch detector.
The whole thing is so ridiculous, they won't schedule a visit, they will claim someone will be in your area soon(tm) but no one will ever show up.

Soldato
BBC spending tax payer money on better things - original content, of wall to wall football in concert with wimbledon, how many hours a week do people want/bare to watch them
or it is just a captive audience who don't like/afford the netflix alternatives.

I'd be just as uninterested if it was male football, apparently

Key Findings:

• If women’s football is easily accessible on TV, the viewership could increase by 300%-350%.
  • 34.4% of UK male fans willing to watch if the leagues are on TV; as opposed to 27.1% of UK women fans.
  • UK male football fans form 61.9% viewership of women’s football leagues in the country.
  • In the US, the viewership is equally divided between two genders and in the EU, female fans form the majority of viewers.

do you contact all unsolicited sales people? or just BBC goons?

You need an Arknor License to read my posts on this forum through an etch-a-sketch.
if you don't have an etch-a-sketch then you can give me your name and address instead and tell me you don;t need a license.

if you don't ill send the boys around with the etch-a-sketch detector.
The whole thing is so ridiculous, they won't schedule a visit, they will claim someone will be in your area soon(tm) but no one will ever show up.
Lol letters will be automated. Most you idiots are the reason so much money is wasted.

Man of Honour
Lol letters will be automated. Most you idiots are the reason so much money is wasted.
Just so I understand correctly, are you suggesting that the fact the BBC waste money sending unsolicited letters is the fault of the general public (presumably because if the general public updated the BBC site to say they don't need a license then no wasteful letter would be sent)? Have I understood that correctly?

Soldato
scapping was rather a misnomer .. they'll need money from somewhere so either it goes on general taxation, or a subscription service ..

any solution to allow you to pay for what you watch it fine by me (still nothing to watch at the moment if you don't watch football/tennis)

Have any of them spoken out about c4 sell off ... a PM who avoids wasting time on implementing that and concentrates on more important bills gets my approval.

Back
Top Bottom