Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I think I bought mine at the right time, bugs mostly sorted and some money off :)

Been happy with it overall, but the signal strength is definitely not as good as my previous phone. Only really noticeable in weak areas though.

Associate
Wanted to pick an android phone up as a backup phone. That’s cheap for a pixel. Is it worth it !?
I've got the P6P as a main and I've just purchased this morning funny enough, an oppo reno 7 4g for my back up that I got for about £215

It's only to transfer my Google authenticator codes and to use when this 6 Pro is in the shop. I also had chosen 4G over 5G because we don't have 5G anywhere here yet apart from spots in Newquay, maybe lol. I was looking at an xiaomi redmi note 11 that O2 has for £150 also. I used to have a Pixel 5 but sold it for 360 as it was over kill for a draw / backup phone I felt.

Soldato
Funny you mention the Reno. I’ve looked at that phone as a potential. (The yellow one looks nice, think it’s a Reno 7?)

Edit. I can actually get the pixel for £374. (No vat). So might just grab it.

Last edited:
Associate
I had been thinking about a Pixel 6a but this Pixel 6 deal at carphone makes it a no brainer assuming I can get on with the fingerprint reader.

Traded in my worthless Nexus 5x to get the £349 price.

Associate
Just carried out July update and still have the same dreadful network issues as loads of other people
When in my workplace my signal icon shows a small exclamation mark and i am unable to connect.
Like others, if i go into settings then network and internet and select Sims then scroll down to preferred network type and change this to show 4G rather than 5G (recommended) the phone connects to network and works with no issues.
So, despite being in a 5G enabled area, albeit a built up area, the phone seems unable to automatically select 4G if it is the stronger signal.
This is my first pixel phone and as much as i love everything else about it, this seems pretty crazy, that a 5G enabled phone has this type of issue.
How many failed attempts to fix this has there now been.
Seems to be that the antenna in these phones is the weakest link.
Will certainly be waiting to read real life reviews on my next new phone rather than buying on day one.

Back
Top Bottom