*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Permabanned
OP
I didn't realise I could enable TPM in the bios until recently. My system has been running well for ages so I've not been in any hurry to migrate to Windows 11, but I might do so soon.

I feel it's more stable now after it's been out for so long and a lot of the issues I first was having have gone with updates over time. I now am a fully windows 11 user. The company I work for has no plans rolling out 11 to it's customers and there has been no requests.

Caporegime
I installed windows 11....
what is this tablet view?
Had to google how to make the start menu to the left side and make the task bar be like windows 10.....

then had to google how to add My computer etc to the desktop...

I can't even be bothered to sort the rest out, windows was perfected over like 10 years, everyone became used to it.... why try to fix whats not broken...
it was easier before now everything seems squirreled away hoping people can't find it

btw is there even a reason to buy a cdkey for this? seems like not much incentive to me

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
what is this tablet view?

It's tablet view? Microsofts way.

Had to google how to make the start menu to the left side and make the task bar be like windows 10.....

You going to be Googling a lot on how to do things.
windows was perfected over like 10 years, everyone became used to it.... why try to fix whats not broken...

Windows 2000 come out in February 2000
Windows XP come out in October 2001
Windos vista come out in November 2006
Windows 7 come out in October 2009
Windows 8 come out in October 2012
Windows 10 come out in July 2015
Windows 11 come out in October 2021

Which 10 years was it perfected? Nothing was broken from windows 10 to windows 11, it was just (some might say otherwise) improved over windows 10 so they could sell more and make more money even though they give a lot of free copies away.

btw is there even a reason to buy a cdkey for this? seems like not much incentive to me

If you have windows 10 it should be a free upgrade, which OS did you upgrade from? Bare in mind support / updates for windows 10 will run out October 14, 2025. If you want to stop on windows 10 then roll back.

Don
Doesn't mean it's broken, just means Microsoft doesn't want it there. Can it be fixed with 3rd party utilities?
It can (I've had to use explorerpatcher), but like everything unofficially implemented, it gets broken on a regular basis by Microsoft's official updates.

If would just be nice if 20+ years of the way (some) people use Windows wasn't thrown out, just because "Microsoft doesn't want it there"

Permabanned
OP
If would just be nice if 20+ years of the way (some) people use Windows wasn't thrown out, just because "Microsoft doesn't want it there"

Problem is - Microsoft has to please billions of users. Really don't know how they are going to do this if they put everything in what everyone would like.

Would be nice for customisations but that means bloating the install ISOs and customisations then.

Don
People don't have to use it, there's alternitives. :) Maybe the next OS they might remove the taskbar all together and give it a new name. That will really confuse people.
For work there isn't another option. Years of custom VB6/ODBC/ActiveX/Access applications which don't run on Linux.

Believe me if we could switch to Linux easily, then we would

Permabanned
OP
For work there isn't another option. Years of custom VB6/ODBC/ActiveX/Access applications which don't run on Linux.

Believe me if we could switch to Linux easily, then we would

I'm in the same position. If my RMM client would run on linux I would switch. I've tried to get it working. It won't. So windows it is. I did use LTSC before using windows 11 but I feel it's stable enough to continue to use it as a daily driver. I've just got used to having stuff in the middle. I don't mind it now. One thing I don't like is the right click but that's changed back to 10 right click.

Caporegime
Windows 2000 come out in February 2000
Windows XP come out in October 2001
Windos vista come out in November 2006
Windows 7 come out in October 2009

erm yea 10 years almost, although windows 2000 was pretty damn perfect you could leave it running without needing to reboot for months
If you have windows 10 it should be a free upgrade, which OS did you upgrade from? Bare in mind support / updates for windows 10 will run out October 14, 2025. If you want to stop on windows 10 then roll back.
I did a fresh install since I got a new PC and my windows 10 install was basically just upgrades of upgrades that had been kept across multiple computers, so the drive etc was just a huge mess of crap.

I used the same Microsoft account as windows 10 but it doesn't seem to count. seems you can get cdkeys for uber cheap but the only thing that's locked appears to be the personalisation options, I don't get nagged to buy it or have any message on the desktop saying its not activated.

The task bar not being filled with actual task bars is so annoying....
I often play Worldofwarships and when I'm in queue waiting for a battle I usually browse the internet... in windows 10 the game will flash on the taskbar to let me know the battle is starting, in windows 11 since it's just an icon so it does nothing :mad:

the whole UI seems like it was designed by some apple fanboi who never used windows and doesn't know about the old features

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom