Any Casio watch experts

Soldato
Wow, there are Billions of Casio watches, I love them and had one for 30 years that's still going and would like another but I just can't seem to confirm the following -

I know some of them vibrate and also connect to your phone via Bluetooth, what I'm trying to understand is if the watch will vibrate for notifications. They don't seem to be full blown smart watches, just have basic HR monitor and step tracking and I think the vibrate might only be for alarms but I really need to know if the vibrate goes off based on notifications before I buy.

Can anyone confirm or am I going to have to go for a normal smart watch?

Cheers

Soldato
Sorry not sure about Casio.

I have a Nokia steel Hr. It's sound like the kind of watch you want. Battery lasts a month.

It's now called Withings Steel HR.

Theres also the new mi band stuff.

Soldato
OP
Vibrates for messages and calls at the minimum. May do more apps, though I don't use this notification feature.

Edit just had another look and yes can get many app notifications.

Thank you for the response really appreciate it but really sorry I need to confirm because this is the main feature I'm looking for. What do you mean by "get many app notifications" ?

I need the watch to vibrate for a specific app notification

Soldato
Thank you for the response really appreciate it but really sorry I need to confirm because this is the main feature I'm looking for. What do you mean by "get many app notifications" ?

I need the watch to vibrate for a specific app notification
Most if not all the apps I have installed on my phone come up as available for app notifications in the Nokia app.

Hope that helps.

Soldato
OP
Most if not all the apps I have installed on my phone come up as available for app notifications in the Nokia app.

Hope that helps.

Ah ok I that helps explain it thanks for that.

Just been reading into them and watched some vids, the app might have changed now because Withings isn't Nokia anymore, need to read in that a bit more

Soldato
Ah ok I that helps explain it thanks for that.

Just been reading into them and watched some vids, the app might have changed now because Withings isn't Nokia anymore, need to read in that a bit more
The app is the exact same, one apps services both version of the watch. My wife has the withings version of the watch.

Nokia bought Withings, then Withings bought back from Nokia again.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@kona786

Sorry mate a couple more questions if you get chance please I keep coming back to the Withings out of the watches I'm looking at.

Loads of people complaining about the step counter not working when pushing a buggy, trolley or automatically triggering cycling when driving etc Do you have this issue? Steps is one of the things I use everyday and want as accurate as possible.

Do you know if the Scanwatch is like a newer version of the Steel and a replacement or is it just the next up in the range? Its more expensive and has features I wont use but might be worth it if it has more accurate or modern sensors.

Thanks

Soldato
@kona786

Sorry mate a couple more questions if you get chance please I keep coming back to the Withings out of the watches I'm looking at.

Loads of people complaining about the step counter not working when pushing a buggy, trolley or automatically triggering cycling when driving etc Do you have this issue? Steps is one of the things I use everyday and want as accurate as possible.

Do you know if the Scanwatch is like a newer version of the Steel and a replacement or is it just the next up in the range? Its more expensive and has features I wont use but might be worth it if it has more accurate or modern sensors.

Thanks
No problem.

In regards to the steps counter I don't really have take it too seriously as I'm not into that sort of thing. It's more of an extra for me.

Withings let you trial the watches for 30 days. Probably best you test it for yourself just to make sure it does what you require.

Amazon are also excellent with returns.

1. Right of withdrawal by Withings.​

The provisions of this section do not limit any of the rights You are entitled to by the applicable law.

Conditions​

We grant You a 30 day trial period during which You can return your Product and request a refund for your order.

This withdrawal period will expire 30 days after the day on which You completed Your order of the Product. You can find this date on the confirmation of your purchase.

The Right of withdrawal granted by Withings does not apply in the following cases:

Soldato
OP
No problem.

In regards to the steps counter I don't really have take it too seriously as I'm not into that sort of thing. It's more of an extra for me.

Withings let you trial the watches for 30 days. Probably best you test it for yourself just to make sure it does what you require.

Amazon are also excellent with returns.

Ok no worries I think that's the best thing to do

Soldato
OP
How are you getting on...

Honestly, going around in circles trying to decide. I wanted a hybrid like the withings but think I'm now leaning toward a smart watch and waiting for what the new chipset brings that's out soon, I like the dual display on the ticwatch so waiting to see if the new one that's announced soon has decent battery life because the current models battery still isn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom