Good monitors for under £450

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on a new gaming monitor to upgrade my current one which is a 1440p Samsung C27JG56QQU, with a VA panel and max refresh rate of 144hz. I don't hate the monitor, its been fine but i don't like the smeary grey black effects in dark scenes in gaming.

I had considered getting a 4k panel but I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, around £450 maximum, so I figure I would get better quality/feature set by going with a 1440p resolution, although I'm open to suggestions if you can get a decent 4k panel in that budget.

I like the idea of an ultrawide, and maybe a touch larger at up to 32inch but not a dealbreaker. It does not have to have super high refresh rate as I wouldn't see the benefit. What I would like is some decent IO with USB ports and KBM switch.

Would appreciate any good suggestions for monitors.

Thanks.

Caporegime
More often than not, I'd recommend IPS technology rather than VA though there are some exceptions of course, e.g. the Samsung G7 (the 32" version is a little over your budget though I expect the 27" will be within £450).

The Gigabyte M32Q has a KVM switch and I think the reviews are favourable; it seems that some of the Gigabyte/MSI screens come with quite an array of additional features.

I recommend checking out some monitor reviews from the Hardware Unboxed YT channel and also Monitors Unboxed, a second channel they have launched quite recently.

Another site I've found helpful throughout when looking at a new monitor is PCMonitors.info:

Associate
I've been looking too, albeit at 4k 32 inch 144hz. Quite interested in the dell g3223q, although hoping that price will come down a bit.the HDR is not great too, but looks like you have to spend a lot more to get that semi decent.

The Sony Inzone m9 also looks good but is only 27 inch and a bunch more money.

Really is a question of how long to wait really.

Soldato
Its crazy just how many monitors seem to be around!
In case of 4K monitors it's more like around the corner...
(both for FALD backlight IPS and OLEDs)

Lower than VA contrast of IPS isn't issue, if you have about normal room illumination.
But in darkened room IPS just isn't good for black/dark shades.

Back
Top Bottom