This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Don
That's what swallowing is for. Don't blast it over the bedding.
You'll notice I said I have kids, thats not how you make babies :D

Perhaps I just have a bigger machine (9kg) then... I can get bedding and towels in the one load (I could get a few towels plus bedding in there) Also, I don't separate darks from whites. It all goes in the one load and I've never had an issue.

Towels/Bedding - I know of someone who uses 2 towels every shower and then doesn't use them again until they have been washed.... How dirty can a towel get off a clean body used once? :confused:

If you haven't got a full load in your machine (emergency washes aside) then it's kinda daft putting it on.

We have a bathroom plus two ensuites and cloakroom toilet, plus towels in the kitchen. So the hand towels alone make up 1/4 of the load. Then 4 sheet towels plus a seperate towel for my wifes hair makes up the rest. Theres absolutely no way I could fit kingsize bedding in with that too, even with a 9kg machine.

The kids swim every week too, and their swimwear / towels need washing every few weeks.

Soldato
66 a month??
My 3 bed with 2 adults only is 80 a month.

Edit.
I tell a lie. It's 50.just checked my bill!
40 for 24 days.
So about 50 for a month

KHryj8q.jpg
That's cause you on fixed. People should adjust their usage figure with standard variable to compare. Otherwise the I pay £50 is meaningless. For instant on current variable that £40.60 becomes £56 ish. And come October will be £67 for those 24 days.

Your daily average is 6.83kWh so multiply that by unit figures to give people idea yo compare. Of course your fixed to August 2024 so all this irrelevant to you as you'll not be affected by anything.

Soldato
We have a bathroom plus two ensuites and cloakroom toilet, plus towels in the kitchen. So the hand towels alone make up 1/4 of the load. Then 4 sheet towels plus a seperate towel for my wifes hair makes up the rest. Theres absolutely no way I could fit kingsize bedding in with that too, even with a 9kg machine.

The kids swim every week too, and their swimwear / towels need washing every few weeks.

Granted I have 2 less ensuites so 2 less hand towels. I think a part of it is the use of, and number of, bathsheets as it's just bath towels here which are significantly smaller.

As I say, there are people who wear or use something once and even just for an hour or so and then it's straight in the machine. Some of these people then make statements about how expensive their machines are and that they MUST use a tumble dryer else their house is "like a Chinese laundry"

Last edited:
Don
Granted I have 2 less ensuites so 2 less hand towels. I think the a part of it the use of, and number of, bathsheets as it's just bath towels here which are significantly smaller.

As I say, there are people who wear or use something once and even just for an hour or so and then it's straight in the machine. Some of these people then make statements about how expensive their machines are and that they MUST use a tumble dryer else their house is "like a Chinese laundry"
You're right, there are definitely some extremes. We use towels daily for a week (sometimes twice a day if I've had a run). They are definitely ready for a wash at the end of the week though

Soldato
Wow.. 55 cycles?
Single person household here.. Probably once every 10 days with a 10kg machine.
En extra load for bedding so probably averages out at about 1 cycle a week.. Maybe 1.x..
Just depends.

Soldato
That's a point.. I know you can claim tax relief for washing your own work uniforms.. Are the government gonna increase that in line with electric rises?

Soldato
I take it you're claiming an allowance for cleaning your own work gear?
Not that easy as work supplies overalls which i don't wear as i don't like wearing overalls
Plus work also supply a washing machine and dryer but there shared with like 15 people which makes them pretty useless as there always running when you go to them

So i just wash my work clothes at home

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom