• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Oh well, looks like it's time to seek out an Asus Noctua 3070 or 3080 instead then for my new rig, or the equivalent AMD GPU (and then strapping some Noctuas onto them after deshrouding). May just hold off long enough and stay on the RX580 until the AMD release and see those prices and performance before I bite, but looks like time is now for prices and "new" (with warranty) stuff. Certainly NOT going to be paying THOSE prices for a 40 series card.

Soldato
Everyone annoyed at these prices is missing the point, they don't expect to sell many at this price!
They expect to sell a trickle at this high price, then when the 3000 series stock has eventually cleared out they'll drop the price. If they set the prices at a sensible level no-one would buy the 3000 series and AIB and retailers would be screaming at them because they got shafted with old stock no-one wants. I just hope AMD comes in lower than this, although can't see why they would by much.
What if they've already saturated the 30 series market at the rrp

Soldato
What games need specs of a 4090? apart from Cyberpunk which has the wow factor for 5 mins

lets look at warhammer darktide releasing oct :- 580 8gb
scorn 1060 3gb

GTV 6 is not till 2023 / 2024

Last edited:
Associate
i dont really think the 5xxx series will bring a big performance delta, nvidia has gone bonkers moving from 28 billion to 76 billion xtors in a single generational step.. WAIT unless the 5xxx series will be going MCM

Soldato
That's about 4 weeks too long, AMD need to be capitalising on this now.
I disagree, unlike Nvidia they're taking the time to read the room.

If Nvidia manage to sell a load of these cards at these prices AMD will likely charge similar prices, if they don't then then they'll lower prices, probably depending on how well these prices go down.

I haz 4090!
Don
They all do that because % often looks more impressive than actual fps numbers on paper.
I see why they'd do that, but when you're talking about a 200% increase in performance, having the FPS stats would be even more impressive. Unless...

I can't help but feel a bit miffed at this launch. It seems as though all the crazy performance gains are all based on the DLSS numbers and not the raw performance. Time will tell.

Caporegime
Going to be interesting to see what happens with the next lot of RT titles now given the extra power of ada plus performance improvements from dlss 3, expecting nvidia sponsored titles to be pushing the effects even higher than likes of what we saw in DL 2 and CP 2077, obviously ampere will take a bigger hit but RDNA 2 will literally crumble.

Soldato
Everyone annoyed at these prices is missing the point, they don't expect to sell many at this price!
They expect to sell a trickle at this high price, then when the 3000 series stock has eventually cleared out they'll drop the price. If they set the prices at a sensible level no-one would buy the 3000 series and AIB and retailers would be screaming at them because they got shafted with old stock no-one wanted
spiderman-funny.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom