• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another game blowing up NVIDIA GPUS?? Here we go again!

Soldato

Another game blowing up NVIDIA GPUS?? Here we go again!​

Beat Grim5 to it :cry:
;)

Anyways just a heads up.. Diablo IV beta bricking gigabyte 3080ti cards.

Googling the issue seems to show many hits over the week.. :eek:

Associate
I am very glad I do not get involved with any of these beta games. The last beta I played was world of tanks and that is now 11 or 12 years old so was a long time ago.

IIRC the last time this happened was mainly bricking EVGA cards and it was highlighting poor design choices or QC? Was it the Outer Worlds beta I am thinking of ?

LoL New World , i should just watch the video.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh no AMD affected as well. You just didn't know yet cause sample size bias and all that - not many people have an AMD gpu

Soldato
Oh no AMD affected as well. You just didn't know yet cause sample size bias and all that - not many people have an AMD gpu

It would be interesting to see who Asass and Gigabutt get their smaller components from i.e mosfets, chokes, caps etc.... to see if there's any correlation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame, people were saying nice things about GB motherboards recently.

Gigabyte have always had a bad rep for their GPUs, I'm saying that as a Gigabyte 4090 owner. Their boards though have had a good rep for a while now.

This could be a wild off base guess, but I think the issue may be memory related - the game might be hitting vram so hard that cards with worse cooling on their memory modules might be getting cooked. I'm so only saying as while the game run perfect for me, I did see game trying to eat as much memory as it can get its hands on

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Gigabyte have always had a bad rep for their GPUs

There was a period they had a pretty decent rep for their GPUs in the UK - though weirdly in other regions they've not had a great rep for their GPUs and lately they've been pushing out some lacking products. I remember when they switched a bunch of Fermi series SOC cards from the ME to UK market and the failure rates were abysmal :( and if you looked at customer reviews on the US stores they were really poorly rated. (While the original UK stock were solid).

Same with their motherboards really - there was a time when they made really good quality boards with innovative features, these days they are kind of half-arsed offerings more often than not :( I've dealt with a few of their more recent AMD and Intel boards with silly BIOS gremlins, etc. :(

The Gigabyte 780GHz edition was up there with the best GPUs I've ever had - albeit about the time I stopped using it I think the core was starting to degrade - I've not gone back to check - but it was running with the clocks and voltages pushed to the max to be fair.

EDIT: And I say that as someone who more often than not buys Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its all part Nvidia's evil plan to shift some 4000 series stock..... :p
Anyone still remember how the GTX780 and GTX780Ti were running like turd after Nvidia released the GTX 900 series, and got better for a little bit after 9 months of waiting, and then performance fell of the cliff once again and never recovered afterward? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom