** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
I've booked off 02/06 and 05/06 so I can at least use my pre-order time and hope the servers are OK :)

I've not booked off any time in the week though, I can live with working those days and playing in the evenings, servers will likely be even more slammed than usual.

Associate
Hoping to play over the initial weekend and complete the main quest quickly, then party up and see how that goes. Will we have an official OCUK clan and who sets that kinda thing up.

Soldato
Blimey. Not booked time off to play a game since 2004. Not something I can see myself ever doing again.

I quite enjoy it, some time off to relax and play a new game! :)

I have a work colleague who books days off whenever a new update drops for ESO, so that is where most of his holiday winds up going.

I probably do it once or twice a year maybe so pretty infrequently, but a couple of days here and there are fine.

Soldato
I quite enjoy it, some time off to relax and play a new game! :)

I have a work colleague who books days off whenever a new update drops for ESO, so that is where most of his holiday winds up going.

I probably do it once or twice a year maybe so pretty infrequently, but a couple of days here and there are fine.

I get more days off as well now so I factor that in. I recall we always had people 'off sick' when a new dudebro game like Cod or Fifa dropped lol.

Soldato
The joys of WFH :cool:

We obviously have a different idea of the benefits there ;) Not working not being one of mine personally. Though if I was really desperate I could use my lunch to play something but I only give myself 20m to maximise my flex time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do WFH most of the time but I like to work whilst I'm on shift, I'm sure some people just play games etc but I want to produce results so that I can continue to WFH :)

It's easy to abuse and I'm sure people do, but I want to deliver on expectations and such.
If I don't own the company or shares of it I couldn't care less. I've seen plenty of nice proud worker bees getting axed with just an e-mail in the past 12 months.

Soldato
If I don't own the company or shares of it I couldn't care less. I've seen plenty of nice proud worker bees getting axed with just an e-mail in the past 12 months.

Fair, I'd feel the same working for a private company. Well actually probably not, but then there are plenty of factors involved in what makes people care.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Don't have a gaming PC anymore so I'll be on the PS5. It played really well when I tested it on the Server Slam weekend. £55.99 for the standard disc edition from Currys, was the best price I could find.

Soldato
Don't have a gaming PC anymore so I'll be on the PS5. It played really well when I tested it on the Server Slam weekend. £55.99 for the standard disc edition from Currys, was the best price I could find.

TBF if I still had my PS5 I'd get it on there too because I could sell it after I finish the main story, plus I'll be using a PS5 controller anyway on the PC.

Soldato

Ah I mean it's not like I bend over backwards or anything, and this is very off-topic, but I've been employed at the same place for going on 20 years now, so I don't mind pulling my weight and doing my bit, I have enough holiday that I can burn some on doing what I feel like without the need to try and juggle levelling up in D4 with work :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I do WFH most of the time but I like to work whilst I'm on shift, I'm sure some people just play games etc but I want to produce results so that I can continue to WFH :)

It's easy to abuse and I'm sure people do, but I want to deliver on expectations and such.
We obviously have a different idea of the benefits there ;) Not working not being one of mine personally. Though if I was really desperate I could use my lunch to play something but I only give myself 20m to maximise my flex time.

Not sure why you automatically equated my point on WFH with not working. WFH brings the benefit of working when you want. Whether it's getting it done in the normal 9-5 window, or squeezing more out on one day or one week, and less in the others. The work still gets done.

Soldato
Not sure why you automatically equated my point on WFH with not working. WFH brings the benefit of working when you want. Whether it's getting it done in the normal 9-5 window, or squeezing more out on one day or one week, and less in the others. The work still gets done.

Ah I assumed you meant just casually playing the game whilst pretending to work! :D

I don't have that level of flex on my end, I have to work at least most of the regular working day, my boss is pretty chill and he'd have no issue with me shifting like an hour or so, but not to the extent of flexing half a day or a whole day without a good reason.

Soldato

Because we were discussing about having days off so I was thinking you meant dodging work. Agree though about the flex, I work condensed hours anyway so I only do 4 days a week, though I could do that regardless if I was WFH or not. Actually, in my situation I can't see an advantage other than a 10 minute commute, oh and not talking about work if I chose to stay inside on lunch.

If the game is due out soon how come it hasn't pre-loaded? On my crappy broadband I might have it downloaded for launch day if I start now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because we were discussing about having days off so I was thinking you meant dodging work. Agree though about the flex, I work condensed hours anyway so I only do 4 days a week, though I could do that regardless if I was WFH or not. Actually, in my situation I can't see an advantage other than a 10 minute commute, oh and not talking about work if I chose to stay inside on lunch.

If the game is due out soon how come it hasn't pre-loaded? On my crappy broadband I might have it downloaded for launch day if I start now.

Preload starts on the 30th I believe. There will be a blog post this week, probably tomorrow detailing the launch plans.

Back
Top Bottom