• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Update : I've just been told by Nvidia, this below :D

545.29 Fixes :
* Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode when using R530 drivers [4034096]

That would actually be useful for me considering when in 240Hz mode my 4K panel when switching from game to desktop has a momentary black screen.

Also read something interesting on a Microsoft Blog about AV1 encoding requiring driver 545.31+... guessing that's going to be the next major branch coming out then.

AV1 Encoding​

AV1 is a new codec that is gaining adoption across the industry by providing higher compression performance while maintaining the same quality as other available codecs.
In recent years dedicated hardware for encoding video using AV1 has become available. By extending the existing D3D12 Video Encode API we previously announced, we are able to provide a unified interface to access to the AV1 video encode hardware.
Here are the specs.
The detailed API interfaces and structure definitions can be found here and can be used with this post’s preview Agility SDK.
AV1 Encoding driver support:
  • NVIDIA: RTX 40 series GPUs, driver version 545.31+

Last edited:
Soldato
31.0.15.4531 update out in the W11 canary channel.
LGv8Fk4.png

Last edited:
Associate
NVIDIA - Display - 545.29
( BETA / Part of the Windows 11 insider build )

Some users are reporting a lot lower DPC latency, but use these drivers at your own risk!
I would also caution against using this driver. It caused my 3080 to get stuck on low core frequency (210MHz) so I thought I had card issue.

Soldato
New 536.40 game ready and studio driver -

Game Ready - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/results/209140/

Release Highlights​

Game Ready for the GeForce RTX 4060

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Gaming Technology

Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4060

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Street Fighter 6] Corruption during the fight start cutscene when MFAA is applied [4147907]
Fixed General Bugs

• [Optix Denoiser] Addresses vignette effect that could appear on image border pixels
  • Not able to detect external HDMI display from NVCPL after driver re-installed [4085941]

Studio - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/results/209204/

Release Highlights​

NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators, and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond.

Applications

The June NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications and updates including Chaos Vantage 2. In addition, this NVIDIA Studio Driver also introduces support for the new GeForce RTX 4060.

Fixed Application Bugs

• [Optix Denoiser] Addresses vignette effect that could appear on image border pixels

Fixed General Bugs

• Not able to detect external HDMI display from NVCPL after driver re-installed [4085941]
  • [Street Fighter 6] Corruption during the fight start cutscene when MFAA is applied [4147907]

Known Issue

• This driver implements a fix for application stability issues seen during heavy memory usage. We’ve observed some situations where this fix has resulted in performance degradation when running Stable Diffusion and DaVinci Resolve. This will be addressed in an upcoming NVIDIA Studio Driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
Possibly a silly question but I'll ask it anyway: Do modern gaming laptops (e.g. a Razer with a 3060 mobile) use the same GeForce drivers as everything else? I recall back in the day you often had to use manufacturer-specific drivers, are those days long gone?

Caporegime
Open Issues:

Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]
Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode when using R530 drivers [4034096]
[Control][DX12] Cut scenes and videos show tearing and partial jitter [4084000]
Dead Space (2023) may crash during gameplay after updating to driver 535.98 [4140545]
Launching a DirectX game on an Alienware x17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti causes the screen to turn blank after updating GPU driver to v535.98 [4029825]
This driver implements a fix for application stability issues seen during heavy memory usage. We’ve observed some situations where this fix has resulted in performance degradation when running Stable Diffusion and DaVinci Resolve. This will be addressed in an upcoming NVIDIA driver.

Soldato
Possibly a silly question but I'll ask it anyway: Do modern gaming laptops (e.g. a Razer with a 3060 mobile) use the same GeForce drivers as everything else? I recall back in the day you often had to use manufacturer-specific drivers, are those days long gone?

Not sure, but just follow the drop down options when choosing to download the driver.

Back
Top Bottom