Officially old

Soldato
Switching track in the middle of telling a humorous anecdote, only to forget where you were in said story.

Oh yeah, taking a patient from from radiotherapy to 210 by bed, only to have the Sister say "he's not one of ours". Then looking at the radio to check and noticing it says 201, not 210. So basically a 5 minute trip upstairs rather than a 30 minute slog all the way from the oncology/maternity block, under the connecting tunnel, through the Lyme building and across the main hospital. And the kicker is I was thinking all the way there that this guy in his mid 30s didn't look like he belonged in 210 (the Frail & Elderly Assessment Unit)

*Control* Can you put a delay on this job please. :o

Last edited:
I haz 4090!
Don
Jokes aside, time seems to go faster and faster the older you get, I know physically time is constant (at least on earth, and let's not go there) but man, every year seems to get shorter.

Also when you look around and the majority of people are not older than you anymore.

You think most "modern" music, and movies etc are all crap.
These 100%, especially the thing about looking around you and everyone being younger. Wherever I worked, I'd be the youngest there by a few years, then I blinked and suddenly I'm always one of the oldest. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
@bainbridge, you see that, that's you that is! :p

M3Z3T3W.jpg

Soldato
Jokes aside, time seems to go faster and faster the older you get, I know physically time is constant (at least on earth, and let's not go there) but man, every year seems to get shorter.
Yup, it's been that way since I hit 40, and it isn't slowing down.
Wake up Monday, blink and it's Friday.
I'm retiring at 60 (or hopefully earlier) so it can go as fast as it likes, as long as it slows down by the time I stop work and kick back.

- Wetherspoons app asks: "were you born after Oct 2005?"
- you start to become forgetful
- losing hair in the right places (head)
- gaining hair in the wrong places (nose, ears)
- you get fatter
- colds last longer than a week
- your manager is younger than you!
- you still use FB because only oldies use FB now
- you relegate from Radio 1 to Radio 2
- you relegate from coffee to tea
- you promote from lagers to real ales
- you don't "get" the most recent 'memes' (waaaay over-used word)
- you have never used TikTok
- getting up for the toilet 1-2 times a night
- you still have a VHS / cassette collection
- non-Tory voters start voting for Tory

Going to a rave in your 50s makes you feel old:D

I'm still going to raves at 45. Last one was Sundissential 5 weeks ago. Next up is Amnesia this Saturday :)

You're only old if you have to use 110% or above zoom on the forums on your browser :p

Oi! Mine is set at 130% with a minimum font size override of 28 point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom