Gigabyte Aorus X670E Master

Associate
I'm looking at getting this board or maybe the crosshair hero, undecided.
It`s a good, well built board, you don`t realise how much there is to it until you hold it in your hands. Poeple were saying how expensive the AM5 boards were but compared to my old Z390 board there is a lot more to it and kind of justifies the extra cost. What tipped it for me over the other boards I`d shortlisted was the PCIE lanes, it was the best choice for the price at the time.

Associate
Hi I have built my system but got a c5 error so can’t get into bios I have removed ram and tryed in different slots, does anyone have any ideas on this.
Have had a look in the manual and the closest thing I can find is C0-CF Reserved. Debug LED under Regular Boot.

From having a quick Google. I would guess it may be memory related, which doesn't surprise me.

Also, what CPU are you running on the board and is it just x2 RAM sticks?

I have encountered many issues with RAM and stability and have also failed to POST on occasions, especially when flashing the bios.

When I couldn't POST the only way I could get it to come back is by using the EZ flash with USB stick on the rear IO. Had to rename the file to GIGABYTE.BIN or it wouldn't work though.

That's my only experience with the board failing to POST and only thing other than clearing CMOS I tried that got me back into the UEFI.

Hope you get it sorted!

Last edited:
Associate
Have had a look in the manual and the closest thing I can find is C0-CF Reserved. Debug LED under Regular Boot.

From having a quick Google. I would guess it may be memory related, which doesn't surprise me.

Also, what CPU are you running on the board and is it just x2 RAM sticks?

I have encountered many issues with RAM and stability and have also failed to POST on occasions, especially when flashing the bios.

When I couldn't POST the only way I could get it to come back is by using the EZ flash with USB stick on the rear IO. Had to rename the file to GIGABYTE.BIN or it wouldn't work though.

That's my only experience with the board failing to POST and only thing other than clearing CMOS I tried that got me back into the UEFI.

Hope you get it sorted!
Hi mate it’s 7950x3d which I built up last night I flashed bios to f12 before I built it up through qflash on the back of the board with no cpu or ram in so don’t know what bios was originally on the board.
Ram is 2 sticks of Corsair 6000mhz dominator cas 30.

I never had a problem on any of the pc’s I’ve built in the past which is a lot and I had reservations about this board before I got it with reading some of the posts.

The debug goes through a few numbers first before it sticks c5 error code.

I appreciate your help mate

Associate
I wouldn't claim to know too much about this particular issue but I have had similar issues but being stuck on code 15 memory training or code 00 reserved (unknown code.)

It sounds as though you have done the 'correct' thing in the first instance. This is exactly what I did when got the 7900X and Master board last November.

I guess I would start with things I could do, such as check my RAM is on the QVL for that motherboard. I know it's not accurate, but can help.

I think I would probably also, keep clearing the CMOS and flashing different BIOS to it as well to see if that kicks it into gear.

Other than that and checking cabling is all in order I would just Google the hell out of it for people with anything looking like similar issues.

Having a random 1 stick of other DDR5 would come in handy as well, even if it's not 'supported' at EXPO etc.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't claim to know too much about this particular issue but I have had similar issues but being stuck on code 15 memory training or code 00 reserved (unknown code.)

It sounds as though you have done the 'correct' thing in the first instance. This is exactly what I did when got the 7900X and Master board last November.

I guess I would start with things I could do, such as check my RAM is on the QVL for that motherboard. I know it's not accurate, but can help.

I think I would probably also, keep clearing the CMOS and flashing different BIOS to it as well to see if that kicks it into gear.

Other than that and checking cabling is all in order I would just Google the hell out of it for people with anything looking like similar issues.

Having a random 1 stick of other DDR5 would come in handy as well, even if it's not 'supported' at EXPO etc.

I checked the qvl before I purchased em and it’s on the list so thought all would be fine but sadly not.
I think I will have to get some more ram to rule it out.

Associate
That's so strange. I have seen so many reports of things similar to this though.

I had no issues like this with my X570 Master, other than weird Gigabyte RGB software, that I would 100% urge you to stay away from!

You purchase all the compatible components and have weird issues. Do everything correctly and still have issues.

It's difficult when you can't easily narrow down the problem.

Keep us updated if you get it sorted!

Associate
We’ll just an update i tryed to use qflash plus to change to a new bios and I found out this doesn’t work when cpu is installed so I had strip down
My custom watercooled system which is a pain the **** to do and then take out cpu then I used f10 and it worked so happy days.

Associate
We’ll just an update i tryed to use qflash plus to change to a new bios and I found out this doesn’t work when cpu is installed so I had strip down
My custom watercooled system which is a pain the **** to do and then take out cpu then I used f10 and it worked so happy days.
I have a watercooled system too, so know exactly what you mean.

Strange, that was the only way I could get my system to POST using q flash with my system completely built in the case. Just needed to rename the USB file or it wouldn't flash.

Sounds like you have had progress though, so happy to hear that! This current generation is so particular.

Associate
I have a watercooled system too, so know exactly what you mean.

Strange, that was the only way I could get my system to POST using q flash with my system completely built in the case. Just needed to rename the USB file or it wouldn't flash.

Sounds like you have had progress though, so happy to hear that! This current generation is so particular.
Thought all was fine no I have an issue with when I do a restart my monitor doesn’t wake up and have switch off from power supply which not allowing we to install windows due to the monitor not waking.
Any ideas how to solve im on bios f12 now

Associate
Does anyone know of anything to solve my problem of when I’m istalling windows when it has to restart the monitor goes to sleep and I can’t wake it up to complete the install I have turn off the psu and back on for monitor to fire up so I can’t complete the install.
Had a lookin the bios and I can’t seem to see anything to change this.
I’ve tried 2 display port cables and hdmi and still the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried plugging the display cable to the motherboard rather than the GPU and starting the PC?
or possibly having a laptop also keeping the monitor turned on plugged in. Not a long term solution, but maybe so you can sort power options/download monitor firmware. Just thinking.

I have an LG monitor that does exactly the same thing actually. I found newer bios's seemed to stop it waking and I am currently using F8, which is fairly old.

Just another one of the things that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom