Upcoming Concerts

Associate
yeah I cant wait!

I was debating getting tickets for TAIM and Whitechapel, mainly for whitechapel, but unsure now due to recent developments lol
Saw Whitechapel back in 2010 as support for Chimera/Trivium and they absolutely brought the house down, was something I'd not experienced before and instantly became a fan. Saw them again the year after as a headline and smashed it out the park again.

Not sure what's going on with TAIM, they have a new vocalist so I expect all the tours to happen as to whether he is as good as CJ, I couldn't say I've not listened to enough of their stuff.

Associate
Pigsx7 last night.
Tip top gig, Lambrini Girlz were excellent too.
I feel so bloody ropey today.

Got Mike Skinner's film on Tuesday, then back into Manchester on thursday for Dream Wife and Prima Queen.

Soldato
Just watched teh Bluetones, the current tour is a 25th Anniversary of their second album "solomon bites the worm". Wow this was a band in their pomp, it could have been the late 90's they absolutely nailed the set. Original lineup banging out the album and it was great. I haven't seen them live in 20 years and you wouldn't know. At no point did I think this was a band in decline. Great night the crowd was rather middle aged lilke me, I could get tot he bar, no aggro, brilliant songs, brilliantly played. Probably the best £25 I've spent this year.

Soldato
NF on Wednesday night past, at O2 Academy in Glasgow - Very good, just him and his drummer, excellent show/lighting etc - really enjoyable.

Next is The Streets at O2 in Glasgow on 2nd Nov - probably my 5th/6th time seeing them - always a fun show.

Soldato
Just got back from seeing Ezra Collective at the RAH. I'd heard they are good live and they aren't wrong! Absolutely banging, infectious and energetic gig, had the entire place standing and dancing throughout the tiers

Soldato
I just booked tickets for Gong/ Ozric Tentacles in Cardiff for next March for me and 4 friends.

Looking forward to seeing how wasted we get, and probably bumping into some old acquaintances.

Associate
Japanese band Mass of the Fermenting Dregs (yes weird name) are doing a European tour next year with a number of UK dates. I got tickets for Bristol. I've been a big fan of them for years, so really looking forward to it.

Speaking of Japanese bands, tricot are back again currently doing a UK tour. I'll be seeing them in Nottingham.

Soldato
Tool are touring at the beginning of June and, as a member of the fan club, I got access to the pre-sale and ended up with 4 floor seats at the Manchester AO right in the centre of the floor for £112 each which isn't bad (but still too high for any other band for me) considering the block infront closer to the stage start at £260 and went up to £450 and the VIP seats were even higher which I find to be utter lunacy!

However, when I saw them last year in London at the O2 we got the tickets pretty late and had to sit in the rafters literally at the side of the stage so at best I saw 3 band members all gig and the sound was awful as we were above the PA speakers so this one should be great!

Soldato
As much as I want to see Tool again, I'm done with stadium type gigs. Paying a fortune to sit in up in the rafters with crap audio just isn't my idea of fun.

My next gig, isn't a gig as such. I'm going to a lsitening of Steven Wilson's new album in all it's Dolby Atmos glory.

Associate
Tool are touring at the beginning of June and, as a member of the fan club, I got access to the pre-sale and ended up with 4 floor seats at the Manchester AO right in the centre of the floor for £112 each which isn't bad (but still too high for any other band for me) considering the block infront closer to the stage start at £260 and went up to £450 and the VIP seats were even higher which I find to be utter lunacy!

However, when I saw them last year in London at the O2 we got the tickets pretty late and had to sit in the rafters literally at the side of the stage so at best I saw 3 band members all gig and the sound was awful as we were above the PA speakers so this one should be great!
Those rafters seats at the o2 are awful too!
Barely got room to stand, let alone sit.

Associate
Well, it's been a busy time.

-3/10 Mike Skinners film was interesting.
-5/10 Dream Wife in Manchester, supported by Prima Queen and Ash Kenazi, was wicked. A really good time.
-19/10 Arctic Monkeys in Dubin was huge, support by Miles Kane who is a waste of space. Miles, get your own sound or stick to cruise ships.
-26/10 Pip Blom album launch in Jacaranda Liverpool was awesome, properly cool, small gig, great tunes.
-28/10 Viji album launch in Phase One Liverpool, same as above. properly cool, small gig, great tunes.
-29/10 Nadine Shah in King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Glasgow, it was everything I hoped it would be. Strong, awesome, emotional, epic.
-9/11 The Streets - Mountford Hall Liverpool - Another epic gig, a really good time. "Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we" and dance we did.
-10/11 Viji (again) in O2 Academy Liverpool was supporting another act. Better than the album launch gig. Listened to a bit of the headliner, Baby Queen, but wasn't my vibe.

Last edited:
Associate
As much as I want to see Tool again, I'm done with stadium type gigs. Paying a fortune to sit in up in the rafters with crap audio just isn't my idea of fun.

My next gig, isn't a gig as such. I'm going to a listening of Steven Wilson's new album in all it's Dolby Atmos glory.
Totally agree with this.
As mentioned in my post above, I saw the Arctic Monkeys in Dublin, missus' idea.
She paid and just said "we're going to Dublin for 24hrs".
That was in the 3 Arena, it was a good gig, I had a good time and I enjoyed the music. But Arenas just dont do it for me.

I really do prefer the smaller venues, there's more energy and a much better vibe.

As much as I love Tool, I'm not coughing up that amount of cash.
Cheapest, decent seating along the 1st level ticket I could find was over £550 for 2.
Seating for 2 in front of the stage, over £900!

Last edited:
Soldato

I agree!

I'd never seen Tool live outside of a short festival set way back in the mid 2000's and then finally seeing the seats we got last year to see them was such a crushing disappointment at the time, hence the group decision to try again with floor seats this year despite the increase in costs for that. After this however there's no-one else I can imagine paying £100+ to see and all of our group feel the same way.

Associate
Took my daughter to see Queens of the Stone Age back in June at Dreamland Margate, she's 23 and listened to mainly boy band (one direction) type of stuff most her life, so I thought I'd see if she'd enjoy a change of music genre..

Roll on 5 months later, she got 2 tickets and took me to Bournemouth last night to see them again, to say she's hooked is an understatement.

Oh and they weren't bad either :D

Associate
Righto.

16/11 - The Orielles - Low Four Studios - Manchester.
Awesome super secret low key gig. They were recording for for a video.
I've been a strong fan of the band for a long time.
It was a great experience, awesome time, so chilled, so cool.

17/11 - Bob Vylan supported by Kid Bookie and Panic Shack - o2 Ritz - Manchester
The 1st tickets I booked for this season.
WOW, probably in the top 5 of best gigs I've been to, for reals.
Panic Shack I have liked for a far while, funny as hell and a good time all round.
Kid Bookie, new to me. Niche, not my niche, but damn good at what they do. I was gobsmacked.
Bob Vylan, I'm still trying to work out what happened.
Everything was wicked and bad (put the money in the bag)
Everyone was bouncing, the place went insane.
The interaction with the crowd was unreal, actually really struggling to describe the gig.
Just it was awesome and if you have a gig near you then you really should go just to check it out.

Last edited:
Associate
18/11 Pigsx7 again, but a mini gig.
Arts Club - Liverpool

Cracking set, as always.
Tip top.

Nothing booked for me until the 29th.
I think I deserve a bit of recuperation time.

Soldato
17/11 - Bob Vylan supported by Kid Bookie and Panic Shack - o2 Ritz - Manchester
The 1st tickets I booked for this season.
WOW, probably in the top 5 of best gigs I've been to, for reals.
Panic Shack I have liked for a far while, funny as hell and a good time all round.
Kid Bookie, new to me. Niche, not my niche, but damn good at what they do. I was gobsmacked.
Bob Vylan, I'm still trying to work out what happened.
Everything was wicked and bad (put the money in the bag)
Everyone was bouncing, the place went insane.
The interaction with the crowd was unreal, actually really struggling to describe the gig.
Just it was awesome and if you have a gig near you then you really should go just to check it out.

Tomorrow at Rock City for us :cool:

Will be the second time and yea, had the same experience as that last time, at the same place too!

Next week is Lorna Shore in Birmingham followed by Gentleman's Dub Club in Leicester.

Week after is Gogol Bordello then that's it for us this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom