Upcoming Concerts

Associate
They’re supporting. I hope I get to catch some of their set. Going to be running a bit behind with kids bedtime which is somewhat annoying!

Fun fact, Bob Vylan were chatting with Slaves.
"Guys, we really like your band but we can't wear your merch"

Slaves changed their band name to Soft Play.

Soldato
I'd forgotten, until about 45 minutes before stage time that I was seeing the Australian Pink Floyd last night.

I'm not usually one for tribute bands but these guys are extremely good. I've seen a few bands cover Pink Floyd and none of them come close to these guys. A SUPERB gig.

Soldato
I'd forgotten, until about 45 minutes before stage time that I was seeing the Australian Pink Floyd last night.

I'm not usually one for tribute bands but these guys are extremely good. I've seen a few bands cover Pink Floyd and none of them come close to these guys. A SUPERB gig.

Yea they are aren't they. Seen them a few times and being called a 'tribute band' doesn't do them justice tbh.

Ticket price isn't usually the level of a tribute band either :p

Associate
Took my daughter to see Queens of the Stoneage in Birmingham last night. Incredible band to see live, fantastic show.

Yeah I was there also. Seen them a few times now and they've never, ever disappointed. One of the tightest bands I've ever seen live and they always put together a fantastic setlist.

Booked to see Tool in march. Despite them being my favorite band growing up I've never seen them live so very much looking forward to that.

Soldato
I went to see them on Friday night in Manchester, they were excellent as always! Just gutted I was up in seating.

Absolutely awesome tonight. Real greatest hits set and the crowd really had good energy. Not being the oldest was also nice!! Can’t leave it so long until the next time.

@ArcticHeron & @GravyMonster - didn’t realise QOTSA were in Brum. One of my all time favourites and absolutely agree that they are so tight and always put on an excellent show. Hopefully catch them next time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely awesome tonight. Real greatest hits set and the crowd really had good energy. Not being the oldest was also nice!! Can’t leave it so long until the next time.

My missus made a comment that they've got it easy, they just play all the same stuff and everyone loves it! She's right, but all I want is for them to bang out the tunes I like each time and a good show and I'm happy.

I'm 40 now and I think most people near me looked at least my age!

Soldato
Didn't do it. Wife is taking the kids away this weekend so it didn't seem fair to disappear and not help out whilst she was getting everything ready.

That's the second time I've had tickets for him but not gone. Tbh I looked at the setlist he's been playing and there seems to be quite a boring hour in the middle, book-ended by the Husker Du songs I want to see.

Associate
Didn't do it. Wife is taking the kids away this weekend so it didn't seem fair to disappear and not help out whilst she was getting everything ready.

That's the second time I've had tickets for him but not gone. Tbh I looked at the setlist he's been playing and there seems to be quite a boring hour in the middle, book-ended by the Husker Du songs I want to see.
Bad times.

Soldato
I'm 40 now and I think most people near me looked at least my age!

I find virtually every gig nowadays has a full age range, from teens to 60's which is great to see!

What I found noticable at the Bob Vylan gig the other night (which was absolutely banging again @CaNsA :D) was not only did you have the usual age range, but so many different genres of music fans.

There were full on punks/anarchists, metal heads, goths, mods, rap fans... it was a great mix. Shows what a broad appeal BV has!

Associate
I find virtually every gig nowadays has a full age range, from teens to 60's which is great to see!

What I found noticable at the Bob Vylan gig the other night (which was absolutely banging again @CaNsA :D) was not only did you have the usual age range, but so many different genres of music fans.

There were full on punks/anarchists, metal heads, goths, mods, rap fans... it was a great mix. Shows what a broad appeal BV has!
Totally agree with you in the age demographic, it's huge.

And yeah, Bob Vylan is a <expletive> wild <expletive> trip.

I'm still riding that high from the 17th.
Trying to get tickets for the 29th in Glasgow, but they are unobtainium.
Deffo a gig I would revisit.

Were Panic Shack supporting?
What did you think?

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree with you in the age demographic, it's huge.

I was thinking about that and I guess it's maybe say back in the 70's the 60 y/o's would have grown up listening to 20's - 30's music. So a Sex Pistols gig in the 70's isn't going to have any appeal to them. But now, the 60 y/o's were the ones at the Pistols gig, so modern music is still relevant.

I say this and I'm in my 50's, so I'm getting one of the old guys! :D:(

And yeah, Bob Vylan is a <expletive> wild <expletive> trip.

I'm still riding that high from the 17th.
Trying to get tickets for the 29th in Glasgow, but they are unobtainium.
Deffo a gig I would revisit.

We're Panic Shack supporting?
What did you think?

They were and made sure I got over early enough to catch them after your comments! I thought they were excellent, really enjoyed them. Great energy and vibe. Funny enough I noticed a song of theirs come on R6 last night while I was in the car, now I know their name.

Kid Bookie(?) - That confused me tbh, not sure they know what they want to be. The band seemed like they want to be a metal band and the singer wants to be a rapper, but gives in a bit and trys to give them a metal scream every now and then :p Was OK seeing them, but didn't do a lot for me.

Associate
I was thinking about that and I guess it's maybe say back in the 70's the 60 y/o's would have grown up listening to 20's - 30's music. So a Sex Pistols gig in the 70's isn't going to have any appeal to them. But now, the 60 y/o's were the ones at the Pistols gig, so modern music is still relevant.

I say this and I'm in my 50's, so I'm getting one of the old guys! :D:(

They were and made sure I got over early enough to catch them after your comments! I thought they were excellent, really enjoyed them. Great energy and vibe. Funny enough I noticed a song of theirs come on R6 last night while I was in the car, now I know their name.

Kid Bookie(?) - That confused me tbh, not sure they know what they want to be. The band seemed like they want to be a metal band and the singer wants to be a rapper, but gives in a bit and trys to give them a metal scream every now and then :p Was OK seeing them, but didn't do a lot for me.
The Ick is the only song they can play on the radio, I think.
It's the one I heard which brought them to my attention.

Kid Bookie... Like I said its not my niche.
But you slam several vastly different influences together, and that's what you get.

The day after the BV gig, I went to a Pigsx7 gig.
Saw a guy wearing some BV merch.
"dude, how good was that gig last night?"
We both went insane.

What's next on your gig calendar?

Soldato
The Ick is the only song they can play on the radio, I think.
It's the one I heard which brought them to my attention.

Kid Bookie... Like I said its not my niche.
But you slam several vastly different influences together, and that's what you get.

The day after the BV gig, I went to a Pigsx7 gig.
Saw a guy wearing some BV merch.
"dude, how good was that gig last night?"
We both went insane.

What's next on your gig calendar?

We've got Lorna Shore on Tues, listened to a bit and they're an absolute wall of noise lol, should be an experience! Then Gentleman's Dub Club on Weds, they're always a blast :)

Associate
We've got Lorna Shore on Tues, listened to a bit and they're an absolute wall of noise lol, should be an experience! Then Gentleman's Dub Club on Weds, they're always a blast :)
I've made a new friend through work, he works for a 3rd party of a 3rd party etc.
We chat on teams about music all the time.

He has mentioned Lorna Shore to me a couple of times, and there has been a lot of passion from him.

I've added them to my list of "check em outs".

Soldato
Also Bowling For Soup at City Hall next Feb. Could be going to Tool at Manchester too.

1701302319.png

Back
Top Bottom