This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I discover the app call Flighty where after you sync it with your TripIt account, it pulls all the flight details, from distance traveled, hours delayed, aircraft flown on and even the age of the aircraft.

piqKE77.png
That's a fun app. I've never heard of tripit, I'd used TripCase normally.

I have a habit when getting on planes to read the manufacturered date, it's printed on a plate inside the door jamb when you get on. I was with a colleague who was a nervous flyer and explained my habit. As we got onto the plane, it was like a 1980s airframe or something lol. We sat down and the pilot announced a fault delaying take off. This lad was visibly sitting in his own mess :cry:

Caporegime
That's a fun app. I've never heard of tripit, I'd used TripCase normally.

I have a habit when getting on planes to read the manufacturered date, it's printed on a plate inside the door jamb when you get on. I was with a colleague who was a nervous flyer and explained my habit. As we got onto the plane, it was like a 1980s airframe or something lol. We sat down and the pilot announced a fault delaying take off. This lad was visibly sitting in his own mess :cry:

Apparently Flighty will let you know the gate assigned to, before the official app does. This video is where I came across it.

Just as I typed that, Flighty told me one of my flight next month, the aircraft has gone from a A320 to a A220-300.

Last edited:
Soldato
A bit like the Trainline apps at Euston beating the main board!

The actual aircraft isn't officially assigned until 3 hours before departure, although they should have a reasonable idea lol.

Soldato
Horrific in times of delays too. We were there for a flight one Friday night, and everything was delayed 3 hours. It's too small to cater to the build up of passengers coming for later flights so it just gets over loaded.

If i remember rightly we were going to Alicante, and the flight crew stopped serving alcohol on the flight as all the people destined for Benidorm were smashed from the airport! Was a bloody awful flight!

I’m usually on the 4.00pm Loganair service on Wednesdays, and even without delays it takes ages to get through security, with perhaps the most belligerent and rude staff I’ve ever encountered anywhere, and I used to travel worldwide when I worked on ships. Saw one woman get threatened by security staff there with ‘having someone come and deal with you’, because she politely asked a member of staff to give her phone back after it fell out of her tray and into the staff side of the X-ray machine when another staff member had picked it up. Once you finally get through security there’s nowhere to sit, the terminal’s packed, the toilets are a literal ****-show while all you can hear are stag and hen parties bellowing and shrieking from the pub in the centre.

I’ve tried travelling up from where I live in Liverpool by train to Aberdeen and that was an utter disaster. Left home at 11.00am and arrived just after 10.00pm due to delays making me miss connections, and drove once, which again, was an absolute nightmare. Found myself out of the car and stood on the M6 for an hour due to a crash on the way up, and ended up driving home through one of those big named storms at the end of October.

I honestly wish there was another way of getting up there, and if only somebody would do a direct flight from Liverpool.

Caporegime
Always on a boeing I cheap out and take ryanair over easyjet :D

We got so fed up of RyanAir constantly finding new ways to make flying a more miserable experience, that we've decided never to fly with them again. It was when they decided that you need to pay to sit together that I decided that we'd had enough. And, actually, the lack of so many basic things you need on low cost airlines these days means that it often doesn't actually save much/any money compared to someone like BA if you need to go for more than a weekend.

Caporegime
We got so fed up of RyanAir constantly finding new ways to make flying a more miserable experience, that we've decided never to fly with them again. It was when they decided that you need to pay to sit together that I decided that we'd had enough. And, actually, the lack of so many basic things you need on low cost airlines these days means that it often doesn't actually save much/any money compared to someone like BA if you need to go for more than a weekend.
I'm usualy just doing more to milan bergamo and back. Ryanair are the only ones that really do the route easyjet do milan mxp which is closer to milan but for me means an extra 2 your long trains to get to brescia.

Ryanair is **** but it costs me 32 quid to get to mcr on the train and usualy only 30-50 quid to then fly to italy so they're doing better than transport for Wales, only takes an extra 30-40 miniutes for the trip to italy vs the train from chester to mcr too lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm usualy just doing more to milan bergamo and back. Ryanair are the only ones that really do the route easyjet do milan mxp which is closer to milan but for me means an extra 2 your long trains to get to brescia.

Ryanair is **** but it costs me 32 quid to get to mcr on the train and usualy only 30-50 quid to then fly to italy so they're doing better than transport for Wales, only takes an extra 30-40 miniutes for the trip to italy vs the train from chester to mcr too lol

This is usually the main problem. You can moan about the low cost airlines but for the short flights to Europe you’re really limited to crap airlines unless you want to change at London and use BA which turns a short flight into a big ordeal.

Caporegime
This is usually the main problem. You can moan about the low cost airlines but for the short flights to Europe you’re really limited to crap airlines unless you want to change at London and use BA which turns a short flight into a big ordeal.
If it wasn't for all the airport BS and they operated more like train stations it would be a lot better most of the hassle is security and having to be there hours early incase there's delays caused by the airport. As all I want to do is travel quickly and simply as possible, it's 2 hours same as to London on train so I want nothing fancy, just speed and simplicity.

given how Ryanair perform with all the hassle of airports I say we put them in charge of the trains. 5 quid trains 1 carriage purely standing room, bicycles go in a a skip on a goods carriage at the back.

Done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted to give up on my company and go back to either contracting or get a job in a random industry.

Between the government being useless and customers being stupid, the stress levels are just not worth it.

14 hr days fixing a customers **** up, another vehicle issue, customers refusing to pay in a timely manner.

I feel like I’ve aged by 20 years this past 12 months

Soldato
Nothing worse than fixing someone else’s **** ups. Even worse when nobody takes notice of you and they still get it wrong.

I love a good told you so moment. Happens to me at least 10 times a week.
Told them that their switch gear needs a full overhaul, everything that could be worn is worn.

They go to switch on their feed to the grid Monday and low and behold they trip.

Had to call in a favour to get national grid to isolate their side of the board, which I also maintain for them. Then spend my entire Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday changing out all the parts whilst the “engineer” I gave my report to last march is asking me how long it will take.

But now I have no spares for that system, which is quite common but expensive and it’s a 3 month lead time.
But I can’t order the parts till after Christmas.

Starting to think it’s not worth the stress on keeping my reputation, should have told them to go **** themselves.

But I did win a 1 to 1 training session at my daughters karate dojo last night

And no speed ticket so far from nearly three weeks ago, so theres that

Last edited:
Soldato
Done 25k steps at work on Super **** Saturday.

Every year, every supermarket has at least two items which sell out. This year it’s mincemeat and pork pies. It’s a Leicester (and Wakefield) tradition to have pork pie for Christmas Day breakfast. Whinge Whinge from customers. Got mine on Wednesday which has either 27/28:D on it

Then all supermarkets have at least two items which have loads of. This time it’s Wensleydale with cranberry. Cheese with fruit in is an abomination. Cheese should be savoury not sweet. Plus brandy cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom