Adjustable drop links rear

Associate
Mot guy said there was play.

Having trouble finding them for my car in the correct length.

Are adjustable ones OK? I'm not lowering it or anything. I just want it to be OK.

Associate
OP
Ford mondeo st220 3 litre 2004

It seems the petrol ones like mine have different links compared to the diesels and smaller engined versions

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Front or rear?

Edit: can see rear in title now.

What’s the length of the ones you have?

255mm here

Last edited:
Soldato
Front or rear?

Edit: can see rear in title now.

What’s the length of the ones you have?

255mm here

Wrong ones, the ST220 ones are 225mm.

It's one of the reasons i stopped dailying a few years ago, some bits are very hard to get hold of.

I don't think the rear shocks exist anymore either.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't trust autodoc and similar sites. They quite often list the wrong parts for performance models. They will fit but don't have the proper reinforcement.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't trust autodoc and similar sites. They quite often list the wrong parts for performance models. They will fit but don't have the proper reinforcement.
Never had a problem with Autodoc and I use thrm at least once or twice a year.

Soldato
Never had a problem with Autodoc and I use thrm at least once or twice a year.
It's gonna vary by car. If you order any ST220 suspension bits they won't be what you get. Shocks, springs, bushes, control arms, hubs, drop links.....all wrong.

Soldato
I've found over the years it's usualy easier to go to the manufactures part desk if you want bits for the 'sporty' variant of an otherwise standard car, prices are usualy not too bad and you know you're getting the right thing.

I had massive trouble with parts for our old Clio 197 so ended up going to Renault direct and they were only a couple of quid more but i got the right part the first time.

Soldato
It's gonna vary by car. If you order any ST220 suspension bits they won't be what you get. Shocks, springs, bushes, control arms, hubs, drop links.....all wrong.

Abarth 500 is the same. They try to flog you parts for the standard car, but the aren't as robust. Things like drop links and CV joints/boots aren't the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably don't make them anymore so it's all they have. Surely the mechanics will know for sure if they will fit ok. The people on the desk aren't usually much help with specifics.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Find the part number and ask for that specific part, use one of the catalogues online just Google Ford EPC, most ask for VIN which helps to identify the exact build of the car.

Soldato
This one should fit:

(and this one as that one above only has one left)

223mm length, and specifically listed as being on the ST220

Back
Top Bottom