When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
Also, as I said to my wife, just cost up taxis too. People for some reason are obsessed with having a car, but unless your life dictates it; it can be way more convenient and cheaper to grab an Uber.

Now that I know is impossible. A taxi trip to pen-y-fan would probably be worse than dangling my balls in a vice and letting an s&m bandit have their way

Soldato
It's very complicated.
Which probably puts a lot Of people off.
For example if my company only offered premium models that's a no no. Then there's this allowance I don't know about, etc.

I'm pretty sure all of it would be in the 40pc bracket. At least for the type of car I'd want. A cheap one

When you sit down to do some sums, it would be handy if you've been able to get access to your companies portal to check prices.

As an example, having quickly checked a few of the prices @crazyDAJT has mentioned on my company portal, on the same 3yr/15k basis, my costs show around 10-15% higher after tax (assuming a full 40% discount).

The prices are quite variable scheme to scheme.

You should still be able to work out your gross budget regardless though, before you'd drop into only saving 20%.

Caporegime
When you sit down to do some sums, it would be handy if you've been able to get access to your companies portal to check prices.

As an example, having quickly checked a few of the prices @crazyDAJT has mentioned on my company portal, on the same 3yr/15k basis, my costs show around 10-15% higher after tax (assuming a full 40% discount).

The prices are quite variable scheme to scheme.

You should still be able to work out your gross budget regardless though, before you'd drop into only saving 20%.
I'll probably do a rough check and see if it's anywhere near what I can justify.
I'll need to get an up to date insurance quote for current car too.

If it's close enough I'll have a look. If not.. No loss.

I do have to think about where I take it as I've never had a car before I've had to worry about "damaging"

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I was recommending the excellent lease prices on Mercs to colleagues, but at beginning of the week our SS Scheme lists all Mercedes as "Manufacturer currently not taking new orders"..

I know there was talk a month ago about them slowing production due to slow sales but not sure what is going on..

Obviously if there is existing stock, great, but interesting if you get a new order and what the delivery dates are..

Merc are very aggressive with pricing. My fleet manager tells me, for EV merc are the cheapest they will be.

They are facelifting the range at the moment so that’s why they maybe taken of any portals/lists.

Soldato
I do have to think about where I take it as I've never had a car before I've had to worry about "damaging"

Tbf I used to have this mindset but as I've got older I now just shrug it off; it's what insurance is for.

Also for lease vehicles, the chargeable amount for damage is fairly well regulated these days

Soldato
Guess the incentives are strong or Tesla must be doing something right, apparently it sold 254,822 Model Y's in Europe in 2023, making it the best selling vehicle for 2023, followed in second place by the Dacia Sandero, bit of a gulf in terms of price, T-Roc was 3rd with 50k less sales.

So are Tesla going to keep dropping prices, while other manufacturers just keep reducing production quantity? The roads round where I am are already filling up steadily with EV's but the number of Tesla's is clearly greater than anything else seen, probably even if you total them up.

Interesting start to 2024 with the Yemen supply chain impact, will they even be in the top 5 this year?

Soldato
Tesla are not the only manufacturer to import from the far east.

Pretty much every manufacturer has a bunch of key parts which are manufactured in China.

Fortunately for us, we get whole cars imported so the impact may not be as significant.

Soldato
tesla probably still suffering from Biden's inflation act - chinese cars that were going to USA have to be sent somewhere, and those cars suffering competition from other Chinese component
brands that aren't competitive in USA.
Also Europe setting up to do the same thing, & .... Keir's made no promises yet

Soldato
tesla probably still suffering from Biden's inflation act - chinese cars that were going to USA have to be sent somewhere, and those cars suffering competition from other Chinese component
brands that aren't competitive in USA.
Also Europe setting up to do the same thing, & .... Keir's made no promises yet

Have you checked which EVs are or are not in scope of the US tax credit?

Both versions of the model Y are in scope while most of its competitors are not.

Chinese built cars are not going to the USA, all the cars in the USA are domestically built. It’s the Chinese batteries which are the problem in Model 3 and they are also found in most other EVs on sale in America (and Europe…).

Soldato
Guess the incentives are strong or Tesla must be doing something right, apparently it sold 254,822 Model Y's in Europe in 2023, making it the best selling vehicle for 2023, followed in second place by the Dacia Sandero, bit of a gulf in terms of price, T-Roc was 3rd with 50k less sales.

So are Tesla going to keep dropping prices, while other manufacturers just keep reducing production quantity? The roads round where I am are already filling up steadily with EV's but the number of Tesla's is clearly greater than anything else seen, probably even if you total them up.

Interesting start to 2024 with the Yemen supply chain impact, will they even be in the top 5 this year?
Tesla are definitely on a route to dropping prices further. The refreshed Model 3 is stripped back to bare bones.
It’s getting to the point where the’ll drop the steering wheel & pedals and expect owners to plug in their own PS / Xbox controllers to drive it :p

Caporegime
Does the MY have the indicators as buttons instead of the stalk? That has to be the daftest idea ever, problem is it will be the Apple effect, once one company does it, the others will do it aswell.
I would assume not. Ferrari did it over a decade ago and it’s taken until the Model S refresh to see it on a Tesla.

I too hope that sense prevails and we get stalks back, no way I’d be replacing my 2022 Model 3 with a Highland as it stands.

Soldato
As stated before, it should be fine if we have steer by wire, greatly reduced steering lock, and variable steering based on speed. Enabled by the 48v low voltage introduced by the Cybertruck and due to be rolled out across all Tesla's.

Ofc this will take some time.

Back
Top Bottom