Are you a top revenue earner?

Soldato
ONS say I am in 79%
HMRC says I'm in the 85%

So I guess this is me
document.ashx

Soldato
OP
I’m 75% ONS, 78% HMRC. I don’t see it as that useful because there’s a massive uptick beyond about 80% in what the actual income is.

Soldato
OP
Much more useful than pure income.

91st percentile here. Mainly because of hybrid working I'm able to live somewhere relatively cheap but work darn sarf where all the gucci belt wearers roam.

There’s nothing to stop someone starting that thread then this one can go.

99th ONS/HMRC if including shares, I pay income tax on them so I think it’s fair to include them.

Otherwise without shares 95/96.

Now we find out why this poster wants to use that metric.

Soldato
There’s nothing to stop someone starting that thread then this one can go.

Now we find out why this poster wants to use that metric.
I'm happy either way, I just think it's a better indication as percentiles. I work in Cambridge, salaries are high, but the cost of living is only second to London (in some places it's worse, we have people commuting from outer zones of London to Cambridge).

Soldato
OP
I'm happy either way, I just think it's a better indication as percentiles. I work in Cambridge, salaries are high, but the cost of living is only second to London (in some places it's worse, we have people commuting from outer zones of London to Cambridge).
You’re right, maybe too many variables to measure cost of living versus income for a simple poll.

Soldato
Yeah I'd do alright in this poll, but get bent over by the tax man, and I live alone so there's nobody to split costs with. But on the flipside there's no chance of costly divorce either.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Somewhere between 75-80% percentile. Trucker living in the East Midlands.

I really need to start Youtubing/vlogging and get myself up to 99%. Maybe even Onlyfans in my cab? Would be a real USP to set me out against the rest. "Don't come a knocking when the cab is rocking" could be my account slogan.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very weird thing to ask someone. It's by choice. And none of your business.
p.s. you were already ignored, and are staying that way.

To be fair, it was in response to your original post which said "forever alone" before you edited it. Anyone who refers to themselves in that way is giving off that kind of vibe.

Glad to hear you have me on ignore.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some right cheap places around though there if you don't mind a commute

Caporegime
About 12k so far this year and as I gaze at my commanding country side views ;) and plan the next surf trip I ain't too fussed, chase dreams not money.
More practically, get paid well but have a great work/life balance

You are quite lucky though with that. Most couldn't afford (me inc) a seaside place without a huge salary. And even then, costs would be high.

and skeggy etc doesn't count! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom