Dashcams!

Associate
Been looking for a cam for ages but was put off because it seemed like paying a bit more didn't really improve the video quality until you really start topping the range, and wasn't keen on dishing out 300 quid or more. I was recommended Viofo previously, anything else out there in the 100-200 quid range?

Soldato
Looking for a dash cam without the suction cup as they always seem to fall of with temp changes.

Are the sticky pads that come with some decent at holding in in place?

Im looking at Nextbase and Viofo so far.

Soldato
Great might go for the Viofo A119, the A129 has WiFi I believe but not sure I’m bothered about that extra and don’t plan on getting a rear camera which the A129 supports.

Last edited:
Soldato
One source I read when last looking to buy had showed the claims it handled were between 25% and 30% rear end collisions during 2019 and 2020. The only time I needed my dashcam was when I was hit from behind. You could see she knew exactly what she had done from the look on her face, she then reversed back, got out and denied everything, even played the 'he threatened me and is demanding money' angle which was amusing, as by this time not only was the dash cam rolling but so was my mobile. Never underestimate the value of video in proving or disproving who did what.

Soldato
I thought the thinkware F800pro was supposed to be good, I've not really looked a the videos much in the past, mainly just a quick look on the phone. But when looking on the PC from the other day, its terrible. I played with a couple of the settings it has and nothing changes. Cleaned the screen, the lens etc... its still terrible.
Can barely read a number plate unless you are on top of it (below is how close it became readable), am I expecting too much?

8W2IVVA.png

Man of Honour
That doesn't look right - even the ultra cheapy dashcam I put in the Qashqai has better quality than that.

Not massively better but an example from a similar scene:

ILWf5IQ.png

And that is just some cheap piece of crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
Read today in Daily Mail (so might not be true) that if you have a fixed camera rather than stick on plug in then you need to tell your insurance company -If not even though the camera say you was the victim they won't pay out because you had made a upgrade to your car and not told them.

Sorry if this is a load of rubbish:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Soldato
That doesn't look right - even the ultra cheapy dashcam I put in the Qashqai has better quality than that.

Not massively better but an example from a similar scene:

ILWf5IQ.png

And that is just some cheap piece of crap.
I guess the sensor in mine is pooped, maybe it's cooked through a summer or something.

Back
Top Bottom