Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm at episode 2 and it's just not hooking me in :o :o

The black guy is completely unlikeable, doesn't have any acting skills and I'm sure will fall in love with the Fallout girl at some point :rolleyes:... Because Diversity YEH!
The doctor had his leg drilled into, and yet he was hardly screaming in pain or at least fainting..
The female lead is as hot as hell, but I'm surprised she even made it out the vault
Not sure if the show is trying to be serious or a poor quality drama.. I mean seriously, it's Doctor Who at times
The mutant creature at the start, I've seen better cosplay outfits!
The only decent actor so far is the cowboy mutant, but how long will that last?

I was a massive fan of the original PC versions of Fallout, but I think people are just rating it 10/10 BEST EVER is just because it's based around Fallout

Huh? I thought he is doing a good job...

Also don't you think that is also down to the director? If he does not like what he is seeing he could be giving tips. Maybe there is a reason like stimpaks or jet still in his system.

Caporegime
Also don't you think that is also down to the director? If he does not like what he is seeing he could be giving tips. Maybe there is a reason like stimpaks or jet still in his system.

Maybe, but I didn't notice any extra stims going into the Doctor when he was being drilled

Caporegime
I'm at episode 2 and it's just not hooking me in :o :o

The black guy is completely unlikeable, doesn't have any acting skills and I'm sure will fall in love with the Fallout girl at some point :rolleyes:... Because Diversity YEH!
The doctor had his leg drilled into, and yet he was hardly screaming in pain or at least fainting..
The female lead is as hot as hell, but I'm surprised she even made it out the vault
Not sure if the show is trying to be serious or a poor quality drama.. I mean seriously, it's Doctor Who at times
The mutant creature at the start, I've seen better cosplay outfits!
The only decent actor so far is the cowboy mutant, but how long will that last?

I was a massive fan of the original PC versions of Fallout, but I think people are just rating it 10/10 BEST EVER is just because it's based around Fallout

When you refer to characters as "the black guy" and "fallout girl", I have to wonder how much attention you're paying :p

Lucy's story ark is clearly going from being a naive vault dweller to trying to find her way in the wasteland without going full Cooper/Ghoul.

I had no problems with the outfits/makeup, though the CGI is a bit ropey at times.

I haven't seen anyone give it a 10/10 either.

Caporegime
When you refer to characters as "the black guy" and "fallout girl", I have to wonder how much attention you're paying :p

Lucy's story ark is clearly going from being a naive vault dweller to trying to find her way in the wasteland without going full Cooper/Ghoul.

I had no problems with the outfits/makeup, though the CGI is a bit ropey at times.

I haven't seen anyone give it a 10/10 either.

I forgot all their names already :cry:

Finished it

10 / 10

excellent

;)

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The Maximus actor can't act. All he does is stare with a blank expression. It was driving me nuts halfway through, then got even worse towards the end.

It might be a marmite thing. Critical Drinker didn't mention it and he's normally visceral.

Caporegime
The Maximus actor can't act. All he does is stare with a blank expression. It was driving me nuts halfway through, then got even worse towards the end.

It might be a marmite thing. Critical Drinker didn't mention it and he's normally visceral.

Well said dude!! Glad someone agree's. Guy's a complete tool and needs to go

Soldato
I don't think it's that he can't act but his character isn't very likeable. I'm only on EP3 but it looks like he is already getting high of power after being a bit of a coward

Caporegime

Still a tiny number. I'm not sure why other people's ratings mean much to you anyway, as everyone's scale for rating something is different.

Maximus' is a bit dead inside after what he's been through, and his acting wasn't particularly bad in comparison to anyone else bar Walton Goggins who's a brilliant actor.

Last edited:
Soldato

I thought he did pretty well, he's playing a very specific type of character who I'm pretty sure is meant to have the 'Idiot Savant' perk from the game

Soldato
Would I give it 10/10 in a vacuum? Probably not. To bring Fallout the game into a TV series and basically absolutely nail it. Giving them all extra credit. Couldn't think of a single episode that was weak / filler either.

Caporegime
Would I give it 10/10 in a vacuum? Probably not. To bring Fallout the game into a TV series and basically absolutely nail it. Giving them all extra credit. Couldn't think of a single episode that was weak / filler either.

I find it funny that the two people most critical of it in this thread are arknor and neil, both known for, how shall I put it, spicy takes or very black and white thinking on matters.

There is no way this would have the current audience rating on RottenTomatoes if it was half as bad as they make it out to be. Also criticising other people's ratings after only watching 2 episodes :cry:

Soldato
I find it funny that the two people most critical of it in this thread are arknor and neil, both known for, how shall I put it, spicy takes or very black and white thinking on matters.

There is no way this would have the current audience rating on RottenTomatoes if it was half as bad as they make it out to be. Also criticising other people's ratings after only watching 2 episodes :cry:
Well you got to question someone's taste when they can play COD and BF on repeat for years xD

Caporegime
Well you got to question someone's taste when they can play COD and BF on repeat for years xD

All the while complaining that there is someone who cheats in every game :D

Anyway, having finished it this morning, I'd give it about an 8/10. I preferred TLoU, although if we're talking about how accurate it is in terms of pure game-to-screen adaptation of a world, Fallout might just edge it out. But even that can be subjective, depending on how much of either you've played.

Last edited:
Soldato
What I find interesting is my partner who has played neither seems to have gotten into Fallout quicker than TLoU but enjoyed both thoroughly.

I've played more of Fallout than TLoU (I rage quit after getting killed by the first clicker on the PS4 version lol. I've since bought the PC version but not played it yet) but I'd so both are fantastic with different strengths. TLoU is a bit more of a serious tone but I like how wacky this is.

Back
Top Bottom