LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Caporegime
What screen wipes do you guys use? I’m concerned that if I use the wrong ones I might wipe off some kind of anti glare coating.

Best not to use any kind of product whatsoever unless you really need to. If you're just doing general maintenance cleaning, then water is fine. Here's what to do:

1. Get 2 microfibre cloths. Nice and soft, look in the car cleaning section as a tip to get nice ones.
2. Get your first cloth, slightly damp. Literally just splash some water over it and let the excess run off. You don't want any water running down the screen as you wipe. If you do - you've got it too wet. You want just enough to clean the screen
3. Get your second dry cloth, and run it over the screen to wipe dry the area you got slightly damp earlier. Assuming you've bought nice microfibre cloths, this should leave the screen gleaming and dry.

*edit* and also just to add - you are correct. You can ruin your screen using cleaning products on it - hence the advice to just stick to water unless you've got something on it that needs specific cleaning. Wipes made specifically for cleaning electronic screens will work of course, but they're not free like tap water and a good microfibre will last literally forever. Unlike screen wipes

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got a 48C3 to go in my front room and already got a 65C1 in main living space. Are any of the "smooth gradation" type options worth keeping on? It looked very vivid but I tend to turn them off as they can cause weird optical distortions and lag

Main use will be general TV /video games and occasional movies (mainly tv/video games)

Caporegime
Finally got 42" C3 for the bedroom (cracking £765 deal from Costco), and man is this thing gorgeous!

I wonder if my wife will start to notice the difference between it and the decent, if bog-standard, and cheaper 65" Philips we have in the lounge and push for an upgrade xD

Associate
i got my 42 c3 a couple of weeks ago from richer sounds, after a few hours the panel had a green horizontal line about 3 inches near the bottom left corner, they sent me a new one which has been fine until yesterday.
noticed a green vertical line randomly appearing on the left edge of the screen, all the way down, while on ps5.

anyone come across this issue?

i will try a different cable today to see if that makes a difference.
i dont like the way the ps5 heats up over the connectors at the back, all the cables heat up too

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Finally got 42" C3 for the bedroom (cracking £765 deal from Costco), and man is this thing gorgeous!

I wonder if my wife will start to notice the difference between it and the decent, if bog-standard, and cheaper 65" Philips we have in the lounge and push for an upgrade xD

It’s a cracking screen. Rocking one as my main PC monitor.

Associate
Hi all. I currently have a LG55 CX tv which is the biggest I can get in our bedroom, I’m thinking of upgrading my tv so I can hand down the CX to my dad. My dad is currently using a 49 inch Sony XF9005 which I gave him when I got the LG.

I’ve been tempted with the LG G3 but the G4 is out soon, should I wait for that? If not is the G3 a nice upgrade for me?

Thanks all.

Soldato
Hi all. I currently have a LG55 CX tv which is the biggest I can get in our bedroom, I’m thinking of upgrading my tv so I can hand down the CX to my dad. My dad is currently using a 49 inch Sony XF9005 which I gave him when I got the LG.

I’ve been tempted with the LG G3 but the G4 is out soon, should I wait for that? If not is the G3 a nice upgrade for me?

Thanks all.
Expect to pay double for G4 over G3.

Soldato
Looking at pairing a G3 (not yet bought) with a slimline soundbar. Anything better than the LG G1? Looks pretty neat and exactly the same width as the 55" which is rather satisfying.

Coming from a wired 5.1 system I'm still a bit dubious about a soundbar with no surround sound satellites. Should I be? Only a small room really (3.4m2) with sofa directly opposite.

Can get both for £1,438.68 from LG with the above deal/BLC code which seems pretty good. Might also look for the G1 on eBay etc (looks like there's plenty of brand new for <£400).

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at pairing a G3 (not yet bought) with a slimline soundbar. Anything better than the LG G1? Looks pretty neat and exactly the same width as the 55" which is rather satisfying.

Coming from a wired 5.1 system I'm still a bit dubious about a soundbar with no surround sound satellites. Should I be? Only a small room really (3.4m2) with sofa directly opposite.

Can get both for £1,438.68 from LG with the above deal/BLC code which seems pretty good. Might also look for the G1 on eBay etc (looks like there's plenty of brand new for <£400).

How about this? AVR and use the LCR speaker

Benefit of simple LCR soundbar, but with seperate AVR so it's standard product, add surrounds if needed, and a sub of your choice, any make, any brand plus he's got pair of onwall surrounds so all you need is avr, sub and cable

Associate
Sorry if it has been asked before but.... Warranty on the C3 models.

One year as standard but do LG offer an all inclusive 5 year warranty? Seems from what I've googled LG only offer first year standard warranty and years 2 to 5 warranty on the panel only. Then of course you've got to pay labour and presumably shipping costs on top. Strikes me that would probably add up to a pretty penny making the extended warranty on the panel almost pointless.

If I were to part with around a thousand pounds on a television I'd be more comfortable with a 5 year all inclusive warranty.

Are there any oled manufacturers who offer a 5 year all parts and labour warranty?

Man of Honour
Annoyingly I have a tiny bubble that’s appeared under the surface coating of the C3. Protective film is off and I’ve not cleaned it with anything. I’ve only had it a few months.

Back
Top Bottom