Which TVR?

Maz

Maz

Soldato
I'm getting rid of my Alpina,

I'm thinking a good replacement will be a TVR of some description!

Which one though?

Tuscan, T350 or Tamora?

I'm thinking T350 at the moment but I don't know a great deal about these things.

What should I look out for? (On top of usual things)

Soldato
Don't mean to sound patronising, but have you properly reasearched the costs of servicing these etc ?

They have ferrari like performance, but with running costs to match. Big step up from a tweaked 3 series thats all. Big step up from an M3 I'd imagine even.

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
Don't mean to sound patronising, but have you properly reasearched the costs of servicing these etc ?

They have ferrari like performance, but with running costs to match. Big step up from a tweaked 3 series thats all. Big step up from an M3 I'd imagine even.

Don't sound patronising then, I do about 3000 miles a year in my second car and I'll only be keeping it for 6 months max!

It would be gone long before it was due a service!

Associate
those later tvr's had very unreliable engines. if you get 20k between rebuilds then you are lucky. and not many places will do engine rebuilds on them either.

Soldato
Don't sound patronising then, I do about 3000 miles a year in my second car and I'll only be keeping it for 6 months max!

It would be gone long before it was due a service!

Wouldn't a more suitable reply have been:

"Yes, I have looked into it, and can comfortably afford to run it" :confused:

Its not as though we have a shortage of "I'm 17, learning to drive, and I've been looking at BMW M3s" no is it ?

:rolleyes:

I don't know your situation, so no need to be an ars* about it

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't a more suitable reply have been:

"Yes, I have looked into it, and can comfortably afford to run it" :confused:

Its not as though we have a shortage of "I'm 17, learning to drive, and I've been looking at BMW M3s" no is it ?

:rolleyes:

I don't know your situation, so no need to be an ars* about it

Sorry mate been having a bad day, hence why I want to change my car

Associate
those later tvr's had very unreliable engines. if you get 20k between rebuilds then you are lucky. and not many places will do engine rebuilds on them either.

And following on from an irrelevant and miss-informed response (all the duff engines have been replaced by now and later stuff off the line hasn't seen unexpected failure numbers - rebuild cycles are well over 20k but much lower than a Ford Mondeo as it's a race engine design)....

22k will get you in to '01/'02 Tuscan territory or '03 T350C land.

Between the two the Tuscan is more track focused than the T350 though there isn't a great deal in it.

Try asking in the TVR forums over on www.pistonheads.com or the TVR Car Club.

Associate
I was looking into buying a TVR about 18months ago. Decided on buying a buy-to-let property instead! I’ve driven the Tuscan, Tuscan S Mk2 and T350. Out of the three I preferred the T350. Was the best looking of the bunch in my opinion and it felt more ‘planted’ though it wasn’t as fast in a straight line as the other two…

The engines do go ‘bang’, and I have read some horror stories, but I’ve also read loads about people that are very happy with their cars. And I’ve read that post-2004 engines are more reliable than pre-2004 engines, though I don’t know if that’s true…

Find a TVR dealership, book a test drive, and you will be smitten. In my opinion they are amazing cars…

Back
Top Bottom