TF2 BETA - OcUK Community Nights - 8:30 All Week

Man of Honour
I was going to wait until it came out properly/came down in price but it does seem to be grabbing people. Can you run LAN servers with the beta or is it official servers only? (sorry - should read back but this thread is a rather daunting size)

Soldato
I was going to wait until it came out properly/came down in price but it does seem to be grabbing people. Can you run LAN servers with the beta or is it official servers only? (sorry - should read back but this thread is a rather daunting size)

There is an option to host games yourself so presumably you can run LAN servers using the beta. You can also download the Dedicated Server app from Steam if you wanted to create one for your LAN although it wouldn't really be necessary for a small LAN.

Soldato
Very hard to sapper things when the eng's camp them.. and most of all - shotgun anyone who comes near to check you're not a spy.

Still great, great fun! And when you get bored, just change class and its a new game!

Associate
Very hard to sapper things when the eng's camp them.. and most of all - shotgun anyone who comes near to check you're not a spy.

Still great, great fun! And when you get bored, just change class and its a new game!

Having FF on stops this to an extent, although most servers seem to have it off.

Soldato
yeh I prefer the game with FF on. I've been getting lazy with it off and just blasting away with the demoman, but it's a bit more interesting with it on

Associate
yeh I prefer the game with FF on. I've been getting lazy with it off and just blasting away with the demoman, but it's a bit more interesting with it on

Same here, was on a server last night and didn't realise FF was on. A engineer was crouching next to me so I shot him with my pistol, I saw blood, so proceeded to kill him - and then saw the kill spam :p. Some guy took 3 of our team out 1 after the other before realising (people capping a point too!), he then quickly logged out :D

Soldato
Yeah it's a bit lose-lose with the spy vs FF.
Maybe there will be a change after the beta.. I think they need to do something with the pyro as it seems pretty nerfed at the moment.

I have a problem though, my name is 95% of the time [unknown] I don't know why? I try and console change it to
name myname
But nothing!
What's the deal?

Permabanned
Yeah it's a bit lose-lose with the spy vs FF.
Maybe there will be a change after the beta.. I think they need to do something with the pyro as it seems pretty nerfed at the moment.

I have a problem though, my name is 95% of the time [unknown] I don't know why? I try and console change it to
name myname
But nothing!
What's the deal?

Probably need to change it in the Steam community bit.

Back
Top Bottom