Seeing people you know unexpectedly on TV...

Soldato
A couple years ago I was with my gf of the time having a happy smoke and channel hopping; I turned to channel 5 to see an ex-gf stripping on some god awful late night gameshow.

It was quite an odd experience to be sat with one gf and seeing a previous one naked on the box.

Soldato
A few years back, on a Saturday night after going to the match, my best friend and I were sitting in his living room, fairly inebriated, when Match of the Day (or that ITV Premiership show - it was a good few years back though - early 2000s) started. Lo and behold, right in the middle of the opening credits, there was my best mate's brother with his wife, leaping to their feet and celebrating a goal. I can recall the slow turning of the head and puzzled looks we gave one another. I also remember my mate's only other reaction to it was months later when he turned to me on another Saturday night and said, "I never get to be on the ****ing telly. Jammy ****." Made me laugh :D

edit: I feel the need, after re-reading that, to confirm that it was the brother's wife! :D

Soldato
Yes. Someone I used to go out drinking with occasionally (he was a friend of a friend) and was on a local forum with is always on adverts. At first I thought I was imagining it and kept saying 'Doesn't that look like Lloyd!' until my friend pointed out that it actually is Lloyd.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yer this has happened to me, one of my best mates used to date Duffy when we were in secondary school.

EDIT:

Just remembered another one. A mate who worked for my dad used to go for a no strings weekend on regular occasions with this girl called Kelly from cardiff. One night he phoned me and told me to watch a programme called Ladette to Lady, turned out she was on season 3 of that show. The same girl who also had some sort of lesbian inning with Danni Minogue.

Last edited:
Soldato
My brother's friend's (who happens to also be my friend and neighbour) cousin's baby-father is an actor and he has been in films on the television and cinema.

Soldato
Was watching the F1 qualifying from Silverstone and the girl I lived below in halls at Uni was getting special attention in the RB garage. Quite odd.

Soldato
Seen myself on TV - twice. Both were for news reports. The first was an interview about the Air ride at Alton Towers which I never expected to air (as they were interviewing everyone and only had a few people to pick from to show). The second was about a housefire which would have killed us if I weren't awake in the middle of the night and noticed smoke coming upstairs (our fire alarm didn't work for some reason!). The Alton Towers thing was for Channel 4 news, the house fire thing was for East Midlands news. Didn't expect either.

Man of Honour
Anyone else had this happen?

*n

Yes, it was 1985 and I was watching a new CH4 programme called ECT which featured 4 rock bands every week.
On came a band called The Torpedoes and it was a girl who I'd played in a band with for several years.
Her name was Danielle but had now got a new rock chick name Misty.
I was also naughty with her but it was before I was married.

Soldato
I've been on TV 3 times, and i've never seen any of them !

One was Channel 4 news being interveiwed, one was when a funeral i was at got filmed and one was when i was at school and we were filmed for some kiddies programme.

Keep bloody missing it though due to various reasons.

Caporegime
Seen my ex a few times on TV, once in Emmerdale. She does extra work from time to time, but generally only when it involves handling dogs or horses.

In Emmerdale, Charley was her name (I think [daughter of the farm house thug and the blonde mum])..went to my high school, she fancied me in year 7 and I didn't 'go out' with her. :o

Seen freinds a few times on NW tonight taking random news stories rfom Trafford Centre, Manchester City centre etc.

Soldato
I saw my house on telly once, it was on a program about a conman who for some time was living with a friend a few doors away from me. I went crazy when I saw my house on the box :p

Permabanned
I've been on TV once, was in a IT portion of north west tonight. Never knew I was on it, and wasen't asked if it was ok to be filmed.

Back
Top Bottom