What film scared you the most as a kid?

Associate
The xtro
Think it was banned at the time i must have been about 10 years old,made me scared of the dark for a couple of years.

Soldato
One I remembered yesterday; Willow. Especially the part with the two-headed beastie thing, and the troll that runs on the underside of the walkway. Freaky.

jesus, don't remind me, that two headed beast scared the carp out of me when i was younger! i used to have nightmares all the time. :(

Associate
OP
I remember being freaked out by the bit in the Evil Dead where the main guy starts laughing with everything in the room, I can't remember which one it's from though. Throughout the whole film he's fighting back and then suddenly goes a bit nuts. Something about his face too, that smile sticks with me to this day.

Associate
OP
There was a very old 80s film called ET nasty but i never got round to seeing it....its also hard to find nowadays..i have searched and searched..even google fails to know any existence of it.....

Hey guys if you want a horror film thread go here
www.horrorflix.ws

it has every horror film ever made

Thanks for the link, I'm going hunting for some unknown classics.

Associate
I remember being freaked out by the bit in the Evil Dead where the main guy starts laughing with everything in the room, I can't remember which one it's from though. Throughout the whole film he's fighting back and then suddenly goes a bit nuts. Something about his face too, that smile sticks with me to this day.

that would be Evil Dead 2 my favourite from that series, its hilarious :D

'ill swallow your soul' LOL

Soldato
Probably Arachnaphobia. Still does though.

Ones I can remember are Ghostbusters 2, the guy floating with the pram, and the guy in the painting.

Also I cried during Star Wars when I was incredibily young, the noises of the spaceships scared me.

Associate
Night of the demon,,an old b/w film,god I thought it was scary

yea...i remember that one....Friday night horror movies....another old black and white one that scared the crap out of me was one called Them...about monster ants in the desert...more modern films tho i got to say Alien, halloween, the thing...all good to make you jump.

Soldato
Been watching horror movies since I was a nipper - I can't remember any really "scaring" me, per se.

When I was off Primary School ill my dad rented "Maximum Overdrive" for me and it made me puke everywhere when the steamroller runs over the kid who falls off his bike.

I also remember watching "Return of the Living Dead Part 2", and running behind the sofa to watch it through the cracks when the first zombie-containing barrel gets cracked open. Looking back it's even funnier as the film itself is a comedic spoof - yet the stronger horror movies didn't even make me bat an eyelid!

Soldato
Forget films, television series "Sapphire and Steel" - now that was scarey!

The one where there was a man with no face terrified me!

As a child, Jaws, where the dead person pops out of the hole in the boat unexpectedly.

The Thing - where the head grows legs and walks away like a giant spider.

When I was about 21 I was terrified that Pumpkinhead was going to get me from under the stairs.

The last thing to stay with me was The Juggernaut from Thir13en Ghosts. Being ripped limb from limb by a 7 foot man just isn't fun.

Mav

Mav

Associate
the only film to scare the be-jesus outta me as a nipper was "Salem Lot"

saw in my early teens , scenes i`remember the most was the open coffin bit in the cemerty after the young boy had died , an the guy in the prison cell ... an u have to admit the Master has gotta be the best Vamp make-up ever ...

Associate
Evil Dead, that was one scary movie when i watched back then but after tracking it down about a year ago to see if it still scared me and it ended looking more like a joke than anything else, such poorly constructed horror scenes:(

Associate
Think I was about ten when my parents for some reason didnt object to me staying up late to watch American Werewolf in London. Scared the **** ou of me! Last bit I remember was where the Nazi/Pig mask people burst in, hid behind me pillow and fell asleep :eek:. I seriously dont know what they were thinking letting me watch that.

About a year later the baby sitter brought Robocop with her, the scene where Murphy is gunned down totally freaked me out. Had serious depression issues after seeing that, lol, went on for about a year. Luckily the baby sitter also had me cooking and she got some pretty nasty food poisoning :).

Back
Top Bottom